GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you honestly get sway bars for a 4" lifted silverado? if there are then somebody please let me know but it doesnt seem like they would make such a thing. So someone prove me wrong if u can prove they make em
:help:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Uh, one of my best mods was to loose my swaybar but ok.

Most lift kits come with spacers that space up the endlinks on the swaybar so you can use your stock bar with your lift...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was just wondering cuz i didnt know if it would help out wit offroadin or not....so i was just seein if ne one would know the answer

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Are we talking IFS or SFA here?

When you go up to a tall spring the swaybar really doesnt help, however if they are softride springs 6" or less, the swaybar does help while driving.

I have the ORD Swaybar Disconnect kit on mine.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well mine hindered me in the amount of about 10" of droop and 5" of compression... I took it off and now my on road ride is much softer and nicer... Never go back.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
willyswanter said:
Well mine hindered me in the amount of about 10" of droop and 5" of compression... I took it off and now my on road ride is much softer and nicer... Never go back.
Do you have stiff HD springs or softride type?

Hmmm, maybe I will take mine off and give it a try.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Custom Alcan packs front and rear... I origionally had 8" BDS packs in front with 2 leafs removed from each. Then I had Alcan packs made to match those exact same springs but with a different center pin location and thinner leaves.

·
Registered
122 Posts
willyswanter said:
I am reading this right, the swaybar pretty much eliminated 15" of usable suspension travel? Seems like a quite a bit for some short front leaf springs. How much travel did you get out of the springs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts