GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I am new to this site and it is AWESOME!! :ninja: I've got tons of great info just from reading through the forums.
Next, I have a 2003 Silverado 1/2 ton and ordered a rancho 4" lift for it. I've read in some places that the lift will actually lift me around 5.5"....any truth to that.
Also, I'm having trouble deciding on a tire. I would like to go with a 315... how would that fit? And what do you guys think of the Mickey Thompson Baha Claw Radials?
Thanks a ton guys...keep it real :bowtie:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The rancho lift is considered a 4-6" lift. It drops the front differential 4.5" and the lower control arms 6". With the torsion bars set at the factory specs you will get about 6" of lift in the front. A 315 on a 8" wide rim is what I would recomend, it would look really good. I have never personally used the claws but have heard pretty much all good about them. Welcome to the site! :gmfs:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yes rancho is a 6 inch lift. no ifs, ands, or buts. if the control arms are dropped 6 inches, it lifts the truck 6 inches(assuming t bar settings are same as factory, which is the best in all cases really)

welcome to GMFS :rocking:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts