GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best write-up, but you can get an idea what has to be done.

26965299.gif

I bought the corner dash pieces on Ebay. The pieces are what covers up the fuses. I cut it to fit behind the bezel. They are the same color and texture as all the other pieces in the truck so it looks factory.

The corner pieces I got off ebay and the insert that need to come out.
52762779.gif

Back of the bezel.
52762757.gif

Bezel off with the wires hanging out of the dash. I used weather pack quick connects so I could take the dash off without redoing the wires.
52762671.gif

Panel fused to the bezel using JB Weld.
52762704.gif

Another pic of the Panel fused to the bezel.
52762749.gif

BTW: The two holes are for my LED blue security lights and the switch is to manually turn on my LS1 fans.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fullthrottledan said:
Way better than the big hole that was there.

Dan
Yes, what are you ever going to put in there anyways?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
1TRUESS said:
Werd!! You can't! I tried to put my pack of smokes in there and they kept sliding out! Very cool job too!! :head:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Looks good :head:
Clean install. I had nothing in the spot under the Dome light so I hacked it and put a toggle switch there and it looks real good.

BTW. Whats it wired to?

:head:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The two holes are for my LED blue security lights and the switch is to manually turn on my LS1 fans.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
It is for your wallet. If you keep your wallet in your back pockets it eventually starts to rub a spot in the seat cover.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
1TRUESS said:

i can wedge my phone in there and it doesnt move at all... i would still like to get rid of the thing though..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm about to do that in my dad's truck, except with polished aluminum. The switches now are in the panel above the passenger airbag key. I'm gonna mounte the new Ride Pro E there, and the switches for everything in that little panel.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great! Post some pics when you are done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts