GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 C1500 reg cab has manual windows and door locks. I found a 98 C1500 reg cab with electric windows and door locks. I proably can pick this stuff up pretty cheap. Now are these interior components interchangeable?

What all do I need for this conversion: door panels, switches, window regulators, most of the wiring. I also heard that I might need the fuse box as well? What other stuff do I need to pull this conversion off.

I need responses ASAP please

TIA !!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Seems kind of complicated to me. I know you can buy kits for power locks but as far as windows...........seems like alot of trouble. Seems like all you would have to do is change the whole door panel, but i'm sure there is so much more than that. My hoe has fuses for the power windows and stuff so I'm guessing you would need a new fuse box. Anything is possible though, if you can get the parts cheap your not losing much :head:

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Not sure what all goes into it but i wanted to do the same thing. You can go through jc whitney and get the stuff for power door locks.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Kal, check and see if your fuse panel has spots for the window fuses. chevy wouldnt make 2 different fuse boxes just for a few switches(i dont think they would). it might have some of the wiring to the fuse panel, and you just need the wiring from there.

·
Let's Go Hunting
126 Posts
As far as the black panels they are interchangeable the problem would be the wiring. I was starting to collect pieces for this build as well awhile back but because of certain things I haven't had time to do it. If your able to get all the wiring from door to door it should be a plug and play install. For the fuse panel there should be a spot but I think its under the hood, last time I was tracing wires for this I think thats where it stopped. The tough part is going to be if you want to have it where the key has to be turned forward or if you want the windows to work whether or not you got the key in the ignition. Me I was just going to rig it up with out the ignition part.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
There are kits for power windows as well, I did this to my 99, pretty simple. Though I used aftermarket switches however. You might be able to use factory switches and just run the wires to them, and have them hooked up to a ignition-on source. I'm no wiring guru so it could end up being a little different.

·
Registered
2011 Silverado / 2008 Tahoe / 1968 C10
179 Posts
Just did this on my '03 using 99-02 switches, not gonna lie, It was a bitch for me. Hopefully the obs is sort of plug and play because mine was not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you need just this stuff which you get and nothing anything more is necessary to do this.
I will hope you can do whatever you want.If you can done this work then update about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts