GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, being the HID freak I am, you'd think I'd know the answer to this question...

But does anyone know which type of HID bulb is in the Sylvania Xenarc low beam socket? I want to get some 6000K+ bulbs, just to try em out, and sell if I don't like.. but I don't know which type to get. D2S, D1R, H1, H7, 9006? Does anyone know?? :think:

I could always take apart the headlight and look, but I gotta go find my T23 screwdriver...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Blah.. I found the answer to my own question, it's a D1R bulb.. Mods may delete this at any time :sorry: :crazy:

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
damn, let me know how the 6000k's are, and get some pics. might be some on Ebay :0)

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
The only difference in between the bulbs is that when go to a higher number, like for example 6000K the color temperature will emit a purple colorish light. I don't know if it is brighter than the 4100K that what came with the Xenarcs.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Dont gotta Maxima wouldnt know lol! There 4300k color temp if that helps!

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
The 6000's wont be any brighter. Just a different color hue. I used to have some 6000's but went to 5200K. Quite a difference in light output.

kelvin-scale.jpg

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
The site where u gpt the Kelvin chart is from the next town lol U had the 6000k HID's or bulbs?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
The site where u gpt the Kelvin chart is from the next town lol U had the 6000k HID's or bulbs?
I had 6000K HID bulbs. Sold them to a friend and I got 5200K.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, 4100k (some say 4300k.. same shit!) is known as "standard," but still known as the best. All of the car manufacturers (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Nissan [Maxima], Honda [s200], etc...) all use 4100k HID bulbs.. it is the only color temperature HID that's "white"

But yea... I was looking to TRY some purple or bluish bulbs... and if I didn't like em put em on Ebay. But I am looking into getting the Sylvania x1010 (fog lights) kit soon.. which I believe is 5400k... so we'll see... :D

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Do you have a pic of the 5200k compared to the 6000k by any chance? Yea, the 4300k dont have enough blue/purple for me lol still hella bright tho! How was light output with the higher bulbs also? Thanx! Also YoSkater I may see about putting a foglight GP together in a month or two if ya can wait!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Those are all 6000k upgrades and the one single light in the middle is an X1010 driving light (5400k) for comparison... I didn't get any upgraded bulbs yet, I may do a DS2 'conversion' or something. About the X1010 GP, I may not be able to wait!!! :drool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
i was ging to get those 1010x but you know that fog light sit low and are always prone to get those stones cracking the lens.so when you try and go back to get just one lens you have to buy the whole set :( $$$.so i just went to the "Pepboys"and bought theyre cheap 55watt fog lights.so if i crack the lens from another stone chip,no problem just go on down and buy another cheap pair.no waiting for them to arrive from manufactuer,or high prices.just quick cheap and fast(like sex) from your neighborhood "Pepboys"or Advance Auto".hey they light up and look real good from a distance :head:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts