GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys...I have a PPI PC650 6 channel amp...what should i hook up?

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Thats too broad, what are you lookin to do, do you want sound quality or what, tell us what you want to do, and then im sure we can help.

·
Registered
787 Posts
6 channel..........damn!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry..looking for a deck..thinking alpine..or eclipse..i like the alpine 7998 deck..since i already have a 6 channel amp...and also looking for some subs..thinking 8's

·
Registered
68 Posts
The 7998 is a tight deck. Being the superficial bastard that I am, I really like the fact that its faceplace covers the entire din and a half opening on the gm truck.

I dont have this deck, but it is definitely #1 on my list right now. The biolite display looks sick. I think you are gonna get some kick ass SQ from that deck.

I would go for a JL Stealthbox under the back seat. It has a 12" sub..screw the 8!

Definitely go with some 6.5" components in the front doors. Maybe the Alpine SPS-171A. Alpine 4x6 for the back.. SPS-460A.

Let me know how it sounds :) cause thats the setup I want.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
g_unit77 said:
Yeh man dont gets 8's, IMO there jsut gay, get one 12 if you dont want too much bump, or even one 10.
My brother had 2 JL Audio 8s in his OBS 4x4 Extended cab and it sounded pretty damn good .. but you could put a box behind the seat in those trucks, not possible with the NBS.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
bcubed said:
My brother had 2 JL Audio 8s in his OBS 4x4 Extended cab and it sounded pretty damn good .. but you could put a box behind the seat in those trucks, not possible with the NBS.

Im not saying that 8's are gay, i have a buddy that has the same subs in his car behind he seats, and they sound sweet, i was jsut sayin taht i woudnt buy 8's, but to each his own, and yeah in the NBS, you gotta go under the back seats, or jsut put them on the back seat, but then they will have no use. :crazy:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
two 10s would be good
Yeh man dont gets 8's, there just gay
so what are you trying to say :crazy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the PPI amp has ran 3 8" eclipse.. in a regular cab dodge...sounded awsome..very responsive...i still have the box..and measured and it fits my 01 reg cab behind the seat..so im gonna reuse the box..

I have decided to go with an eclipse HU..i like the memory stick idea for mp3's

42 Posts
I have 2-8 inch L7 Solobarics in my ext cab ran by a Kicker 800.2 and it sounds awesome. I had two L7 10's before this current setup and they were too much. The set up I have now has great bass and dosen't beat my truck to death! Go with the 8's if that's what you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts