GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. I'm relatively new to GMFS, so I thought I'd throw a few pics on here. I'm driving an '05 Tahoe and, given my love for music, one of the first things I did was fix up the tunes a little. I'm running an Alpine CDA-9856 Head Unit with 2 Planet Audio TT2150 Amps and 2 Rockford-Fosgate P212D2 12" Subs. I love the sound and the head unit allows me to hook up my iPod in the glove box and run it all from the head unit, which is sweet.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
looks good

how did you get the ipod cable to the pocket? did you drill a big hole or cut a piece out?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
looks good

how did you get the ipod cable to the pocket? did you drill a big hole or cut a piece out?
I believe he has it in the pocket, in the glove box like me. I didn't need to drill a hole, it is open behind the glove box. It is really easy to see when you remove the radio.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
I believe he has it in the pocket, in the glove box like me. I didn't need to drill a hole, it is open behind the glove box. It is really easy to see when you remove the radio.
yea thats easy...
i just cant get the actual ipod to lay flat in the pocket.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
looks good

My cable is in the same spot. You can snake it over there without a single hole.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good

Yup, as was mentioned, there was no need to drill or cut anything to get the iPod cable to the pocket. If you're thinking about a set up like this, I'd recommend it. My iPod lives in the truck now. It's great.

·
blazedchevy
12 Posts
i got two boston g3 10" speakers behind the seat and there all the way back,and a kenwood ddx 6019,and a fosgate bd1000 it does pretty good.The ash try is where the arming switchs are for the nitrous

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey, all. I'm relatively new to GMFS, so I thought I'd throw a few pics on here. I'm driving an '05 Tahoe and, given my love for music, one of the first things I did was fix up the tunes a little. I'm running an Alpine CDA-9856 Head Unit with 2 Planet Audio TT2150 Amps and 2 Rockford-Fosgate P212D2 12" Subs. I love the sound and the head unit allows me to hook up my iPod in the glove box and run it all from the head unit, which is sweet.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello.

How much air space are your running for the subs? I wanted to go with a box behind the third row seat, but couldnt do it cause the box and sub are to big.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much air space are your running for the subs? I wanted to go with a box behind the third row seat, but couldnt do it cause the box and sub are to big.
I'll have to dig up the specs, but the box I have was built by a company called dbgain. They have a few custom enclosures for various vehicles, including this one for the Tahoe.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Way to go on the system; looks great!

Depends on what you are trying to fit back there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts