GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get yalls opinions on having a system in my 95 with the stock obs radio. I have a 300 watt extreme concept amp. Can I wire this up to the head unit or the speakers to still get a good sound when i turn it up? I didn know if you absolutely had to buy a new headunit to get great sound. I got an old rinky dinky pioneer head unit after my good one got stolen, but it makes the speakers sound like shit. They get distorted when you turn it up loud. I'd love to just keep a stock one and still have great sound..Mainly got the idea for theft reasons, thanks for ur opinions

9,777 Posts
normally it takes an aftermarket head unit to get it all tuned in (only because of the preamp voltage and EQ) If you add a line out convertor and buy some good stuff you can still make it sound good off the stock unit tho

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you can start with a crappy sound and amplify it, but if you start with something good, it ends up better

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
normally it takes an aftermarket head unit to get it all tuned in (only because of the preamp voltage and EQ) If you add a line out convertor and buy some good stuff you can still make it sound good off the stock unit tho
what is a line out converter? and will I need new speakers if I use my 300 watt amp?

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can start with a crappy sound and amplify it, but if you start with something good, it ends up better

when you say start with something good are u refering to a new headunit or speakers?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts