GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with products from T3 Truck Equipment? They are located in Texas--more specifically Uvalde or Brenham, depending on whether you go by their website or what the guy who answers the phone says.

There's a full replacement bumper made by them for sale on craigslist right now, and it's only $300. I have been saving for a Ranch Hand, but am considering this one based solely on cost savings.

Website here: http://t3truckequipment.com/

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i would make sure it fits your EXACT application. t3 is decent, i have plenty of others that are just as good if not better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would make sure it fits your EXACT application. t3 is decent, i have plenty of others that are just as good if not better.
Thanks, Josh. What are the main differences between a product like T3 ands competitors like Ranch Hand?

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
358 Posts
I had front/rear T3s on my old 2005 Dodge Ram 2500, great quality for the price, if you can get a good deal on one I say go for it. I got a great deal on them from a buddy, but if you can get a set cheaper than ranch hand, why not?

nt2.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had front/rear T3s on my old 2005 Dodge Ram 2500, great quality for the price, if you can get a good deal on one I say go for it. I got a great deal on them from a buddy, but if you can get a set cheaper than ranch hand, why not?
That looks great. My only concern is how they'll last over the years, and if the fitment is as legendary as RH. I'd buy a RH if I had the money, but I don't. $1000 is a lot for a front end replacement, and there don't seem to be many second-hand ones out there for my '04 1500.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
That looks great. My only concern is how they'll last over the years, and if the fitment is as legendary as RH. I'd buy a RH if I had the money, but I don't. $1000 is a lot for a front end replacement, and there don't seem to be many second-hand ones out there for my '04 1500.
if you go to RH on broadway they have samples of some of the competitors metal. they have purchased almost every brand of bumper and ripped it to shreds to show why RH is a much better product. if you have the money RH is the way to go, if you get a good deal, go with the others. you wont find many as easy to install, and fit nearly as well as the rh.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
358 Posts
Mine was a few years old when I bought it from my buddy, and the powder coating had held up just fine, but we dont have rust issues down in Texas either.

Not sure what material thickness/pipe they use versus ranch hand but it would still hold up better than the stocker in a wreck/animal hit:p

Fitment is also good, the 03-05 dodges have those humps under the headlights and the bumper lined up great with those lines and the fenders/grille area.

Honestly its not a bad alternative for RH, especially for the price. Also, RH does do scratch/dent discounts too, usually a pretty decent discount if you want to call the one closest to you and see what they have.... They always have a few that get damaged in every other shippment or so, nature of the business(usually just small cosmetic stuff, scratched PC/small dent)

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Honestly its not a bad alternative for RH, especially for the price. Also, RH does do scratch/dent discounts too, usually a pretty decent discount if you want to call the one closest to you and see what they have.... They always have a few that get damaged in every other shippment or so, nature of the business(usually just small cosmetic stuff, scratched PC/small dent)
that has gone down to a minimum with the inception of the new packaging system. its not like the old days when they had scratch and dents ALL the time. also, they arent discounting the blem stuff like they used to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts