GMC Truck Forum banner

tahoe backspacing??

673 7
what kind of backspacing can i stuff under the rear of a 2000+ tahoe lowered 3-5??? i guess my question is will a 20x10 with 7.5 inches of bs fit under there without rubbing??

TIA,
RJ
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
You puttin your wheels on a Tahoe RJ?

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
That is too much backspacing. I would do something along the lines of 7-7.25", depending on how u were lowering it. You can get some more clearance by reversing the shock bolt so the threaded part is inside the framerails.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IntroWheels said:
That is too much backspacing. I would do something along the lines of 7-7.25", depending on how u were lowering it. You can get some more clearance by reversing the shock bolt so the threaded part is inside the framerails.

yeah, that's what i figured. just another excuse to go with 22's. :ninja: i'll let you know when i'm ready to do something (won't be for a while)

btw, are there any down sides to clearcoating billet wheels, i.e. clouding, yellowing??? i'm looking for as low maintainence as possible.

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
The way we do our clearcoat, there is very little downside. Its eliminates about 5-10% of the shine id say, but its worth it for the lack of maintenance. I would never clear wheels for a showtruck, but for a driver, id recommend it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.