GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of backspacing can i stuff under the rear of a 2000+ tahoe lowered 3-5??? i guess my question is will a 20x10 with 7.5 inches of bs fit under there without rubbing??

TIA,
RJ

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Im curious too, would 20x10 or 22x10 would be the same needed backspacing correct?

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
You puttin your wheels on a Tahoe RJ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IntroWheels said:
You puttin your wheels on a Tahoe RJ?
nah. sooner or later i'm going to be in a tahoe or yukon so i thought about it, but after seeing a yukon on 20, i definitely want to go 22's.......... back to the drawing board. :insane:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KOEHRSENLB said:
dude just go reverse offset quit bein a wuss :wank: 7.5" might be too much bs, you could end up rubbing wheel on your suspension stuff like your lca's

ok, now how about an answer from someone who knows what he's talking about. :wank:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
That is too much backspacing. I would do something along the lines of 7-7.25", depending on how u were lowering it. You can get some more clearance by reversing the shock bolt so the threaded part is inside the framerails.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IntroWheels said:
That is too much backspacing. I would do something along the lines of 7-7.25", depending on how u were lowering it. You can get some more clearance by reversing the shock bolt so the threaded part is inside the framerails.

yeah, that's what i figured. just another excuse to go with 22's. :ninja: i'll let you know when i'm ready to do something (won't be for a while)

btw, are there any down sides to clearcoating billet wheels, i.e. clouding, yellowing??? i'm looking for as low maintainence as possible.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
The way we do our clearcoat, there is very little downside. Its eliminates about 5-10% of the shine id say, but its worth it for the lack of maintenance. I would never clear wheels for a showtruck, but for a driver, id recommend it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts