GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this scene so bear with me. I'm used to going up, not down. :crazy:

My wife and I have an 01' Tahoe 4x4 (no autoride). When we first bought it I thought I was gonna go bigger than stock tires on nice stock wheels. So, I did a little torsion crank to level it out. Well the stock keys, bars, were fairly weak and it never actually made it to level. Even though, the one key is maxed all the way out. It actually sits 2" higher in the rear right now, with the keys maxed out up front.
Fast forward to last summer when we decided to go a different route and I picked up some factory NIB Chrome SS Silvy wheels and 275/55/20 tires. I slapped em' on there and shes been driving it ever since. But, I've always thought it sat too high in the ass end (even the wife does!!) and on top of that the keys are cranked up.
So my question is I wanna drop it some, nothing major. Just lower it by backing down the tb's up front, and maybe some new lowering coils in the rear.
Does any company just sell lowering coil spring kits?? Can that be done?? Will that require new shocks as well?? Its still got the stockers with 84,000 miles on them. Also, keep in mind we're currently running 275/55's and when these wear out, I'd like to put 285/50's on it, and not have big gap. These seem a tad tall and narrow, but not too bad with the current setup.

Anyway, here's how it sits currently:

Sorry for being so long winded.

Thanks for the help in advance,
John

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
3/4 ton keys and shock extentions with stock length bilsteins and some good 2 or 3" coils for the back should do the trick.

·
Donk Rider
672 Posts
i got ground force 3" drop springs i will sell if your interested. Theres nothing wrong with them and i never had a prob out of them. If you are just shoot me a pm.

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Anybody had any problems with using keys instead of spindles? I have a friend who has some Ground Force Keys he wants to get rid of and I was was going to put them on my truck but I dont want a crappy ride, and still be able to get an alignment to factory specs. Also will 285/50/20s rub with a 2/4 drop on a Suburban? Oh, and BigBlue02HD, we need to trade wheels. :crazy:

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Yeah like I said I/we don't want anything too drastic. Maybe just a 2/3 drop. I think the factory keys decranked would sit almost alright up front, if not I have purple keys outta my HD which will do the trick. And then all I'd need is the shock extenders and a set of 3" lowering springs.

quakin26- PM sent!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a set of Belltech 3" drop springs, shock extenders, and the hardware to install them for $150.00+ shipping..LMK

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr. Klean- got any pics with that setup?? Just curious how it'd look. I think thats the route I wanna go.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here is a pic..

2007_0314LindleyPhoto3-15-070046.gif

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
I have a set of Belltech 3" drop springs, shock extenders, and the hardware to install them for $150.00+ shipping..LMK
I might be able to take those off your hands within a week or so. I just confirmed that I can do a 2/4 on the tires I have now without having to worry about rubbing much.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I might be able to take those off your hands within a week or so. I just confirmed that I can do a 2/4 on the tires I have now without having to worry about rubbing much.

LMK..

·
Donk Rider
672 Posts
i found nothing wrong with the ground force kit. I had a 2/3 drop with keys and my ride wasnt bad by anymeans. But im not a picky person when it comes to ride quality either. I know a bad ride when im in it but i just dont get worked up over it.

Got the pm i replied.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would I be alright to just run 3" springs in the rear, with stock shocks, and lowering of my factory Tahoe keys, or running the purple keys outta my HD??? Do I need the shock extenders/hardware??

·
Blown Big Block
980 Posts
John, I went the McGaughy's route on my Tahoe...2/3 spindles up front and new springs and shock extenders out back...it rides very much like stock and I can load it down and not worry about bottoming out...IMO it is well worth it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If TWO TONE dosen't take them let me know I will. Thanks Oliver

I haven't heard anything. I'll wait till monday and if doesn't pick them up there yours.. Send me a PM monday and we can set things up for payment and shipping..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts