GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a tahoe, and the engine light comes on only when i'm idling. it use to not come on all the time when i was idling but now it comes on almost everytime i come up to a stop light.........anyone had this problem and had it fixed?

·
Registered
216 Posts
DaHoe4x4Ag said:
I've got a tahoe, and the engine light comes on only when i'm idling. it use to not come on all the time when i was idling but now it comes on almost everytime i come up to a stop light.........anyone had this problem and had it fixed?

do you have any trouble codes??

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You need to pull the codes....I am assuming by engine light you mean the Service Engine Soon light correct? Some places like Autozone, etc pull codes and will reference them for free. Too many possibilities to guess. Have the code pulled and go from there.

Cameron

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea service engine light.........aight ill make a trip up there

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, went to autozone and they told me they couldn't run a test because the service engine light wasn't constantly on. they told me to go to a mechanic, which will cost me. so as long as my car is running good, f it!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Ug....they are dumb. Even if the light goes off the code is still in the computer. It doesn't go away. They can still pull the code and reference it. They can do it, a mechanic can, a dealer can.....

Cameron

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, i'm running a "free flow" cat now and when I had that done had a 40 series flow put on..........but my ses light was coming on before that so I that isn't it. I may just go back up to autozone and tell them to test it. I talked to a female so that was probably part the problem!

·
Registered
785 Posts
yeah that was majority of the problem at autozone, the code should still be there even if the service light is not on

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what i told her, that the code should still be there. But she wanted to argue, so I said screw it and left.......i'll go back up there and specifically ask to speak to a male, that is if the dumb bitch is working

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I totally agree with you on that one.........most of the males in there are dumb as shit too. Or their lazy and don't want to take the time to run a check on my car :guns:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts