GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my g/f's dad has a Z71 tahoe with 285/70/17s. he is rubbing a bit, and i told him i could crank on his TBs a bit. if it doesnt do the trick, i want to use ford keys. the only problem is, you cant really stick a block in the back the same way you would with leafs. what can be done with the coils? ive never really looked into this since ive always had leaf springs. :bowtie:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i guess you could add a coil spring spacer??? im not sure in the rear, but i don't really see a reason why you couldn't...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yah just throw in a few of those spring stiffiners if he doesnt mind the ride which he shouldnt cuz raising it with the ford keys will make the front stiff as it is

·
Registered
167 Posts
A set of coil spacers will work but thats like stacking blocks...it's not the best choice. I would recommend either a set of new springs with the amount of lift you was built in or have the oem springs reworked for a bit of additional lift. The only upside to coil spacers is they can be removed and the truck is back to stock. How about some pictures of his Tahoe with the 285s?

·
5,501 Posts
y2kboti said:
A set of coil spacers will work but thats like stacking blocks...it's not the best choice. I would recommend either a set of new springs with the amount of lift you was built in or have the oem springs reworked for a bit of additional lift. The only upside to coil spacers is they can be removed and the truck is back to stock. How about some pictures of his Tahoe with the 285s?
how is it like stockin blocks?? since he needs less than 2 inches (since keys add 2" and rear is already 2" higher, less that 2 would level it out) then i don't really see a problem wiht a small spacer...1.5" or so, whatever size between 1" and 2" that they make...i wouldn't wanna go with a big spacer, but a small one shouldn't hurt anything, just like a 2" block isn't too bad to run, but i would never run a 5" block...

·
5,501 Posts
I hear ya on the part about it not damaging anything but soundin bad...it may be something you can learn to live with since its not hurtin the tires...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, ill ask bogey
and yeah, its not hurting the tires NOW, but it is rubbing the inner part of the fenderwell, that is metal. which isnt good.

·
Bigger than you!
196 Posts
Try a set of daystars (just like the Dodge guys do), they seem to work pretty well.

BTW: heard anything on the Blems??????

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nich1nich1 said:
Try a set of daystars (just like the Dodge guys do), they seem to work pretty well.

BTW: heard anything on the Blems??????
man, ive been SO busy.. ill get to it one of these days... maybe i can bring it up to heatwave if you decide...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts