GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link or a copy of the tail light laws in texas, like what it needs to be legal.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
and if anyone can find those, care to find hte ones for Georgia...a buddy got in trouble for his lights, so we wanna check those out too.

·
Registered
716 Posts
And while you guys are lookin for those, do us Cali guys a favor and look up for California as well. I've been pulled over for my tails but never been properly explained as to why. The cops just tell me that they are not bright enough. I ask them how bright they need to be and all they say is "im not too sure but I do know its not bright enough".

Never gotten a ticket just warnings for the tails.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, the only part I may have a problem with is the reflector. I may make one to go into my hitch and if I get pulled over say I was just towing a trailer an hour ago and hasdnt switched it back out yet. I bet I could get away with that you think?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Thank you, the only part I may have a problem with is the reflector. I may make one to go into my hitch and if I get pulled over say I was just towing a trailer an hour ago and hasdnt switched it back out yet. I bet I could get away with that you think?
Why would you have a problem with the reflector?

Afe more laws.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/faq/insp_faq.htm

I find it odd there isn't a link to the vehicle height laws.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because im going to take 100% clear tails and then tint them dark, so they are a dark smoked grey or black. Ill then probably use some bright ass LEDs or bulbs or something to get them to shine through enough. Any sugestions on how to do that im open for. As far as lift heigght laws my headlights have to be under 54" - they are at 53" right now so im just fucked. I really dont want to have to put lower lights in, if I do tehy would just go on the bottom mesh area od my front bumper. Tails arnt a problem - they just have to be under 84" or something.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Doing the tails like that all you can do is hope for good luck. Seriously, your asking to get pulled over.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm maybe ill just candy them all red so I dont have to deal with the shit.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Sevenfold said:
The problem with LEDs is that they will look like little dots when they light up. They only shine light in one direction so the housing is not illuminated when the light is lit. I think it looks shitty, but thats just my opinion.
It's true about those LEDs, but I've heard of some other truck owners rigging up some sort of reflective system to reflect the light back into the tail light to give it a wider spread. In theory I think this would work, but I just don't know how its done. That might be an option if you can find out how to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts