GMC Truck Forum banner

Tail light problem

2K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  tdevlin1984 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have a problem and I'm trying to see if what I think the solution is really will work. My rear driver’s side tail light doesn't work. I have brake lights/blinkers/reverse lights; it’s just the running light. Tdevlin1984's truck is also doing this. We worked Saturday and put a meter to them both. We have power coming thru the main harness for running lights coming into what i call the junction plate, not sure what’s its really called. The power gets lost in that plate and never makes it to the plug that goes to the rear driver’s side light. So there has to be something wrong in that junction plate right? How much does one of those costs? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for any help.

#4 ·
Not sure, but I have the same problem. Everything else works just fine, just the driver's side running light.. I just upgraded to 04 tails with new OEM harnesses, so there's I don't think it's anything wrong before power gets to the connector plate (not sure, but I think it's the name for the part)

Tried switching the bulbs around, and the passenger side still work.

I'm really interested to see that fixes yall's problem to see if it fixes mine.

#8 ·
Junkyard:anitoof: I got one for my ex girlfriends. Only $2. The stocker was corroded all to be damned. I've heard different reasons as to why, but GMs seem to have lighting problems on the driver's side of the vehicles.:think:

#13 ·
they go out a lot pretty common and the general term is bulb harness any parts store should know what you're talking about. less than 20 bucks and i wouldn't go to a junk yard for electronics as they have been sitting for a while

#24 ·
If it's not the problem, then what would be?

If it was a wire coming into the junction box, wouldn't both running lights be out, instead of just one?

I've replaced all bulbs, and recently got brand new GM harnesses for the lights, so the problem is before the connector for the taillight harness...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.