GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ufookinwotm8
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I have one word to describe the situation: college. Parked my truck at 10:30 last night, tail lights were there, go out this morning, tail lights gone. I guess jealous ass people can't let you have nice things. I mean seriously, people need to have some fucking respect for your shit. Never would I touch another man's work, no matter how jealous I was of it. People work hard for what they have. It's just sad that there's people in this world that do this kind of shit. But oh well, that's life I guess. Never thought anything like this would happen to me, but now I realize anything can happen to anybody.

So anyways, I have two empty tail light sockets in my truck now, but hey, at least the assholes were nice enough to leave the screws in the bed! I have my stockers I can just throw back on, but I guess the bastards cut my wiring harness. There is literally nothing back there. The wires must've fallen back inside the bed.

What can I do? I guess I'm gonna need a new tail light harness. But how much would it cost to fix? I'm gonna try with the insurance and see if I can get new tails and have it fixed. But if it costs less than my $500 deductible to fix, I'll just do it myself.

I'm just thankful they didn't break in to my truck, then I woulda been fucked. But for now, the truck is going back home until I figure out what to do. Guess I just had to vent.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
It's not gonna cost more than $500 to fix or replace. Figure out what's up with the wires. If they're cut then you will need 4 new pigtails per side. Splice them to where it was cut, get new taillights of choice, and ur good to go. You also might wanna look into security taillight screws that take special bits. Or just a tailgate lock.

If you see a silverado around campus with new taillights, steal them back.

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Check the connection block at the rear driverside of the frame rail. Chances are they just unplugged the harnesses at the block so they would be plug and play.

16531401 and 16531402 are the harnesses. Then just pickup whatever lights off eBay or craiglist. Should be good to go for ~$150

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
rockauto or ebay for the lights and replace the whole harness unless your good at soldering

get some security screws that require a special bit or one way screws that can only be tightened and a tailgate lock

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
ufookinwotm8
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. When I go home this weekend I'll take a look at the harness and order them. I'm also going to order jimmy jammers and those special screws, as well as a tailgate lock. I had meant to do all that before I came to college, buuut I just ended up doing a security system and calling it a day.

Should I just run stock for safety or just buy new LED tails and be like fuck yeah haha. I really want these. I had them in black before, but I think I like the OEM red look better. Thoughts?

Here's a pic of what I used to have. I know a majority of people didn't like them, but someone liked them enough to take them haha. I think the red will look better though and stand out less.

IMG_0930.jpg

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
I was looking for some nice looking replacements for ur truck. Saw these cheap... And bought them for myself
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Auto-ALT-YD-CS99-LED-RS-Silverado-Sierra/dp/B003ZUMRUI/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1409833441&sr=8-22&keywords=Silverado+led+taillights[/ame]

·
ufookinwotm8
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha knew somebody was gonna say that haha. Ah well not everybody has the same tastes. But I've been wanting the red versions for awhile, so I guess this is my excuse to get them lol. But I'm kinda diggin those smoked ones too..

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts