GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that if you take the passenger side headlight out it will bring more air into the intake. I would think it would help. i also have a kn generation intake. One more thing will the track allow it. Is there anything else i should take of to make the truck weigh less besides the tailgate and spare

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
If you have an open element filter like the FIPK, It may help a little bit if the air can get to it. You should have no problem with the track officials. Hell, Ive seen hondas run without hoods or lights.

·
Registered
658 Posts
hey just do what i did.....there is a plastic shroud that is righ behind your grill....cut out the little bit that feeds into the FIPK....you just have to clean your filter more is the only problem....

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I know it worked for me back when I had an Air Raid Intake. I could tell some difference, makes a pretty good ram air.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fullthrottledan said:
work, i do the same thing,. I got a tenth off my time just from the headlight and tailgate removal.
im afraid without a tailgate i will have even more of a problem with traction

is there any websites where i can practice my reaction time i really dont want to redlight

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
you can throw some big ass 22's on there like I did.. really helps out with the weight and traction! JK.. I need a blower :crazy:

fold in your mirrors and remove the antenna...

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ru serious about the antenna. Maybe the mirrors but the antenna?

·
Registered
658 Posts
dude it was soo great, i went to the track with this guy one time..he was one of my buddies friends...well needless to say he drove an S-10..and you all know that means hes gay and thinks his truck is fast....well the whole way there he was trying to race me and i was just like wait till we getto the track....so we get there and i beat him by like over a second..whats great is after we raced he told me that it ws because his truck is faster on the street than it is on the track....so he goes over to where our buddies car was and starts gutting his truck....he took off his tonoe cover, took out the passenger sear, tailgate.....it was soo funny....oh yeah he also unbolted his exhaust before the cats(it ran like such shit..but he thought it would run better)and what made it even better i ran a 15.414 that day...and his best run was like a 16.7 or something like that...and it was like his first run before he gutted his truck....it was soo funny....what a dumb ass...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Blue02 said:
I heard that if you take the passenger side headlight out it will bring more air into the intake. I would think it would help. i also have a kn generation intake. One more thing will the track allow it. Is there anything else i should take of to make the truck weigh less besides the tailgate and spare
I went to the track friday nite and there was this diesel on 35s running low 13s. The passenger headlight was removed and everybody was wondering, seems like a good idea, will have to try that, maybe will help me break into the 15s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts