GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to grab one out of the junk yard without dicking around too much on my 89 burban it seems like i gotta rip the radiator and the distributor off to even get to the bolts :bawl: does anyone have a lil write up i can use? if so id love you to death :rocking:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Wait...what? Are you on a ford or something? I don't see how you'd have to take the distributor off to get to the power steering pump...they're on opposite ends of the engine. :think:

I havn't done one yet, but I imagine i'd start by pulling the fan shroud...and I know there is a special tool to take the pulley off the pump.

·
Banned
487 Posts
wtf? lol no..

im guessing you have a 350 in your suburban. PS pump is on the drivers side. You gotta remove your fan and fan belt, then pull the PS pump belt. then take off the hoses, unbolt the pump. :read:

·
Broke
350 Posts
if its serpentine the you will need to pull the pulley off the pump (theres a special too for this) to remove one or two of the bolts that hold the pump to the bracket. if its a v-belt setup, well then i dont know what to tell ya except you wont have to pull the dissy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts