GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I took off my driverside 2500HD logo and it came off farely easy, but it left behind all the 3M tape. I got all of that off and theres still this thin layer of sticky shit. I tried Goo Be Gone, soap and water, and scrubbing it with a sponge and it wont come off. What do I do about this or it there an easy way to get the other ones off then just peeling it off by hand? thanks!

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
3m eraser wheels ftw. I'll never debadge again without it.
I got mine from NAPA.

Its a soft rubber, kind of like bees wax to a point. Won't mess up unless you have it sit in one spot for a long long while, even then really wouldn't do too much.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Okay so I took off my driverside 2500HD logo and it came off farely easy, but it left behind all the 3M tape. I got all of that off and theres still this thin layer of sticky shit. I tried Goo Be Gone, soap and water, and scrubbing it with a sponge and it wont come off. What do I do about this or it there an easy way to get the other ones off then just peeling it off by hand? thanks!
laquer thinner will take it all off, but then make sure you wash it off good with soap and water and wax it when your done

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Eraser wheel, cheap and easy to use. Thats what body shops use to take off pinstriping and shit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts