GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive installed stereos for years in the older GMS, but Im now stumped! How in the h*ll do you get the factory radio out of a 01 Silverado?? :think: :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
chevync said:
Ive installed stereos for years in the older GMS, but Im now stumped! How in the h*ll do you get the factory radio out of a 01 Silverado?? :think: :crazy:
I wish I could help you man, maybe some of our resident installers or stereo gurus can help.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
haha easy:read:

1. take ur dash bezel off :put your truck in first gear(don't start it, its easier that way) and put the steerwheel all the way down. Then pull. Make sure you don't hit the shifter boot around the column shift, as they break easily from the sharp edges.

2. Look at the radio, there will be two clips on both sides of the deck. Push thoose badboys down, and ur headunit slides out. Its just like an OBS truck if you've done any of thoose. there will be wiring harnesses going into the back and they just unplug. There should also be a attena plug. If your putting an aftermarket headunit in, you will need an adapter.

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i got it all and im wiring the new HU up as we speak, finally no more AM/FM radio! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts