GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want/need a sub and I want it to be loud pretty much. My old sundowns were nice in the sealed box I had in my old cc but they just weren't loud enough. Can anyone talk me out of doing a underseat sealed box with the Jl 13tw5v2 in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I can talk you out of it in a few weeks when I do mine

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I really want/need a sub and I want it to be loud pretty much. My old sundowns were nice in the sealed box I had in my old cc but they just weren't loud enough. Can anyone talk me out of doing a underseat sealed box with the Jl 13tw5v2 in it?

Dont do it. They dont last very long. Also, They sound awful.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
You realize you are very limited with staying under seat unless you raise it

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
friend had one downfiring in his '05 ccsb, sounded good to me :shrug: Bout to put it back in his '09 f150. Good for tight spaces, but why not another sundown setup if you were satisfied?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I can fit a .96 cubic foot of airspace box under the seat I've found online. Sub needs
.8 of airspace plus excursion so that should net me close to one if I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
What box did you have one/hear one in?

Never heard one, you just said talk you out of it. lol

My honest experience: Any mid to high grade JL audio is badass, but costs waaaay to much. I'd go Sundown or DD

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts

Easy, you want output, which you aren't gonna get from a TW5.

Never heard one, you just said talk you out of it. lol

My honest experience: Any mid to high grade JL audio is badass, but costs waaaay to much. I'd go Sundown or DD
And DD doesn't cost too much?

Yeah I can fit a .96 cubic foot of airspace box under the seat I've found online. Sub needs
.8 of airspace plus excursion so that should net me close to one if I believe.

Hold onto your titties and brace yourself for the SD3 10" coming in February.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Easy, you want output, which you aren't gonna get from a TW5.

Hold onto your titties and brace yourself for the SD3 10" coming in February.

What so special about the sd3 10?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

Slim design, will work great in right applications. Inverted surround again for right applications. If it's anything close too the sd2. It will be a beast

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts

Greater output than the SD2 10, inverted roll surround so it can't touch the floor, better cooling, plays significantly lower than the SD2 10. The SD2 is currently the best shallow sub you can get for output and still sounds pretty good, the SD3 trumps that. Did I mention it's going to be $199 shipped?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greater output than the SD2 10, inverted roll surround so it can't touch the floor, better cooling, plays significantly lower than the SD2 10. The SD2 is currently the best shallow sub you can get for output and still sounds pretty good, the SD3 trumps that. Did I mention it's going to be $199 shipped?

My only question is, is will it be as loud as the 13tw5? What is the rms handling of it?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
rms rating wont matter but its around 500 i think. People think that matters and to a point it does but it wont in your case

i guarantee it will outplay the w5 because i know for a fact the sd2 will leave the w5 in the dust

·
Roll Tide
868 Posts
x2 on the sd3. I have two kenwood 12"s right now and im thinking of completely overhauling my setup to run the sd3s...

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
DD's cost about the same as a mid grade JL. I guess the only JL's that are $$$ are the W6 and W7

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Dammit, now I'm thinking about sub install in my reg cab. Single 10 or 12? Will SD3 fit behind the seat?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts