GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some pictures to show to air ride, to inquire about some taller cups as bottomed out I'm still at 50psi in my front bags. I was thinking if I had a slighlty taller cup ny pressure bottomed out would be lower maybe 25psi, also I could run less at ride height (100-105 psi now) and I would get more lift at my max pressure 145psi. What do you guys think?

maxlift145psia.gif
rideheight105psia.gif
bottomedout50psia.gif

maxlift145psib.gif
rideheight105psib.gif
bottomedout50psib.gif

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LowBlue02 said:
I'm serious. It's not just hype. :D
I believe ya, my extra cash right now I want to check into those Baer Tracker Tierod Extendors for bumpsteer ... at ride height my tierod still needs to drop a little ... aired out it looks in pain :D

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I heard slams have a tendency to leak.....local shop has a pile of slams. Then again its just what I heard :crazy:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Slam's first production run a few years ago had leaking problems from the port, hell I have one bag that does it.

They fixed it though.

Slams lift higher at lower pressures than Firestones, don't expand outward as they lift, and people who have switched from 'Stones to Slams say they ride better. :D

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My truck takes about 65psi in the front to lift up. The bag doesnt get any taller from 0-65psi. It just takes a lot of pressure to get the heavy truck up. I highly doubt 25psi would come close to lifting up a truck. My KP takes like 50psi also to lift the back end up.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beyond Static said:
My truck takes about 65psi in the front to lift up. The bag doesnt get any taller from 0-65psi. It just takes a lot of pressure to get the heavy truck up. I highly doubt 25psi would come close to lifting up a truck. My KP takes like 50psi also to lift the back end up.
Steve says he runs 85psi in th front at ride height .. at 85psi I'm nearly dragging in the front.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
my dad's running the ART arms, and 120psi on the drivers side, and 110 on the passangers side at ride height(about 4" front drop). He doenst get near as much lift as you.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
slam didnt warrenty my bags and it wasent around the ports on my bags they ripped where the bag is crimped to the plate thingy...ill stick with my stones. the lowest i can run thefront is 90psi give or take 3 psi on my 01 silv'

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BaggedC10 said:
Just wondering.....

Why do you want more lift? Do you have trouble clearing certain road/parking lot obstacles? :think:
No, not reallly .. just trying to get the most out of my suspension. I was more interested in being able to run a little lower air pressure at ride height.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i have the same front setup as you with SS bags. ride height is about 80psi or about 4-4.5 inch drop in the front i have driven around with about 70-75 but thats a bit too low with stock tires

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Feed said:
i have the same front setup as you with SS bags. ride height is about 80psi or about 4-4.5 inch drop in the front i have driven around with about 70-75 but thats a bit too low with stock tires

Well there ya go, Bill. :D

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
bcubed said:
Steve says he runs 85psi in th front at ride height .. at 85psi I'm nearly dragging in the front.
86 on the passenger side, 95 on the driver :D Comes out to a 4 1/2" front drop or so.

Can't remember exactly what I run in the rear since it changes a lot, usually around 70-80 psi depending on how much gas is in my tank.

I've driven with 70-75 psi in the front and that is almost dragging the ground :anitoof:

I have the digital guages in my truck, so I don't know how accurate they really are...but these are the numbers I run. My truck gets great lift as well, and i'm on Firestones.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
86 on the passenger side, 95 on the driver :D Comes out to a 4 1/2" front drop or so.

Can't remember exactly what I run in the rear since it changes a lot, usually around 70-80 psi depending on how much gas is in my tank.

I've driven with 70-75 psi in the front and that is almost dragging the ground :anitoof:

I have the digital guages in my truck, so I don't know how accurate they really are...but these are the numbers I run. My truck gets great lift as well, and i'm on Firestones.
I have the cool ride and not the arms and my ride height is about the same as Steve's, just a tad lower PSI on both sides.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts