GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of doing this, did you guys cap off the throttle body tubes or did you leave them off? Thanks.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not gonna create a vacuum leak will it?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
its not gonna create a vacuum leak will it?
no, the air that will goes in will go right out the other side. The coolant doesnt actually go INTO the throttle body, if it did then your engine would flood all the time. Just leave them open it wont matter, its just like a small compartment in there the the coolant passes through

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
No vac in the coolant lines...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
you can get some caps if you want, i dont even have em anymore, chopped the tubes off and put Jb weld in there, sanded it smooth.

Dave

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can get some caps if you want, i dont even have em anymore, chopped the tubes off and put Jb weld in there, sanded it smooth.

Dave
Thanks, you guys rock! i thought the tubes somehow were open to the throttle body, but guess i didnt think too hard about that one. Back to my freebie mod!

·
attention whore
708 Posts
What do you guys think about throwing a ball-valve in there. I kinda wanna have the coolant running through during the wintertime to get better performance/mileage. If I threw the valve in front of the TB (to the left) and cut it off, would I be bypassing anything else? I don't have a good feel for the coolant circulatory system.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
dont even bother with a ball-valve....just get yourself a barb and connec them, in the winter just take the barb off and reconnect the hoses to the TB.

its seriously like a 5 minute job...

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
I just left the ends open, don't bother with it, you can get some tubing or something to cover them up if you want.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I put a couple of rubber vacuum caps (or whatever you call them) on the two throttle body nipples. Just in the event I decide to hook up the lines again in the future, I don't have to worry about there being dirt or sediment or anything in there. Not a big deal, but worth the cost in my opinion.

Also you don't need to splice anything. The line on the left side of the throttle body is long enough to reach where the other line plugs in.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
on my 00 it wasn't even close to long enough to reach where the right handed line comes in...it was a good 6" off from being able to connect.

a barb is the easiest way because even if your lines were long enough, its a bitch to try and get your hand to the right side line to hook/unhook it, you have to move your alt out of the way.

barb can be had for $2, and caps are like $2 for a set of 4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts