GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright everyone...just wondering how i do that TB BYPASS....my buddy was saying that its a pretty simple thing to do i just dont know what im doing or loking for....so if ya got any info let me know...thanks all

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
1. under the t/b there are 2 rubber hoses that connect to them.
2. remove the two hoses
3. buy a brass hose coupler and mate the two together.
4. cap the two end off that you pulled the hoses off of.
5. your done

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was checking that out this weekend when I was cleaning my TB. VERY simple to do. A warm TB is suppose to help keep it clean, but judging by the gunk in mine, it ain't workin'. :D

I'll be bypassing mine when I get back from LA.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks...will i have any problems in the morning if it gets cold...and by cold i mean maybe like 40 - 45.....

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
you shouldnt have any problems at all. how many decades have engines not had that hot water running through the intake like that??? i think it started on gmfs' in 99.........

the only logical reason i see is to warm up faster, which resulted in better fuel efficientcy.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Does this really offer any kind of performance increase or is it all in the drivers head?
The reasoning here I think goes something like, cooler TB, the air going into it doesn't heat up as much.
Cold air=Denser air=more power
I doubt it adds any power though

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
air is such a poor conductor of heat. i have a lot of doubt that a hot TB would be able to heat the air that rushes past it as fast as it does. i doubt it would raise the air's temp at all.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts