GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says...tear my truck apart. Tell me what you like and what you dont like....Tell me what you think would look good...

there is also a pic of the new tires i bought...toyo open country A/T...i think they look pretty good...they are only 265s but i like the way they look.
i originally oredered a set of 18 inch incubus rims and was gonna throw on some 285s but i found out that it wouldnt fit without rubbing...so i decided to stick with my stock rims FOR NOW.
once i get new rims and rubber i will use the current wheels and tires as my winter setup.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's about $300 away from stock so there isn't much for us to critique. It's a nice looking truck, just stock.
exactly. I want to know what you guys would think would look good.
Ive got lots of plans for this truck (lift,rims,tires,colormatching,tails,etc) but im looking for some other opinions.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
lift, wheels, tires, exhaust, tune, intake, headers, tint, debadge, colormatch(handles, mirrors, bumper caps, tailgate cap), tahoe grilleshell, billet grille, painted bowtie, system maybe thats kinda what im going for

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah some people have told me that i could go bigger...but since its not gonnna be lifted real soon (only levelled) i didnt want to get a big tire..im not a fan of the stuffed look.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
dump the body molding scrape the 4x4 logo and with your other plans i think you would be lookin good

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
lookin pretty good so far. A tahoe grille shell, painted bumper cap and mirror caps would clean it up a lot. Also ditch the mudflaps.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
1 mud flaps go
2 Tbars need to go up
looks really good nuthing els i can see
maby a cam and a good tune

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Not a bad looking truck, looks like mine when it was stock. You already have tahoe handles. I just got my 04+ tails and they look way way better. I say you paint your bumper cap. Free things you could do are debadge it (molding, emblems, stickers, other trim pieces.) Maybe get an HD hood
before: after debadge, bumper cap not painted 16's and 285's
Picture482.jpg

after: painted bumper cap and mirrors, tint, 22's and 305's
Picture306.jpg

What Incubus rims did you decide on?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i decided on the incubus braun 8.

i got a descent deal on em...compared to the american racing rims i got a quote on.then i found out they would rub so i opted out of buying em for now. Still planning on getting them, but im going to wait. I dont want to drop $1200 bucks on tires only to have them gettin torn up by my fenders or valence or something.

Matt I love the look of your truck...thats pretty much the kind of look im going for.
How much did you pay to get your colormatching done? Or did you do it yourself? Looks great though.
God i wish mine was an HD

thanks for the input guys. lethalyoyo, now that my exhaust is all fixed im gettin ready for a cam and tune after my headers. thanks to my new job. haha

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
cornells truck sits lower on huge wheels. your truck is lifted on a nice tire/wheel setup :think:

i would think cornells truck is the opposite from what you want.
In respect to having it all painted up and colormatched. Ignore the wheels tires and non lift :gayfight: I was mostly referring to the matched items

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
i decided on the incubus braun 8.

How much did you pay to get your colormatching done? Or did you do it yourself? Looks great though.
I did a lot of the prep work (sanding, high build primer, etc) then had a body shop do the spraying. I honestly cant remember how much it cost. I think around 450-500 because I had my fender flares repainted, bumper cap, mirrors, tailgate handle, and some stuff on the inside done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts