GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need you guys to give me some real honest opinions on what to do with my truck now. I want to have it perfect, so no holding nothing back, I wont be offended, let me know what you think.

The wheels and tires are going as soon as I get some cash together. 20 Inch Intros and 38 Nitto Mud Grapplers are going in its place.

The pics are with my friends truck, but its the best quality photos i have so just bear with me on that. Thanks in advance.

So with all that said...TEAR THE TRUCK APART!

100_0043.jpg

100_0042.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0040.jpg

·
Registered
603 Posts
i like it the way it is...looks familar somewhat lol.. but i deff like it

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
If your goal is to be on the cover of Truckin like your sig says then you will need a crazy paint scheme, interior, and detailed engine bay. The truck has to stand out from the rest.
Billet wheels is a good start, but just b/c you have them doesn't mean you'll make a cover. You have to have the total package.

I only say this b/c I have seen friend's get passed up on covers or features b/c they have a full show truck, but are missing one thing.

I think the truck looks good as it is though.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Truck looks damn good...but you'd have to be fully custom suspension, interior, drivetrain, etc. to make it a cover truck. Without going custom, I don't think theres much to do.

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Give me your z71 valance and that will be all.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I was going to say make it a not longbed.

·
4,725 Posts
Weld in a rollpan.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,658 Posts
SFA like woah

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I like it as is.. you've come a long way with it for sure and it'l be even better with the new wheels/tires

·
Dupont 24
1,011 Posts
Mike the only thing I worred about the is the engine....well the drive train. Needs to be addressed, I know it has high miles on the 4.8 (good motor) and 5 speed.

Different: Not saying it been done or not done. A 1/2 Dmax I know $$$ but I would get some attention. And some mega fab work Im guessing. And SFA and the inside of the bed (get a bed rug)? And custom paint

Its a work in progress! I know keep it up and take this as a grain a salt. Just thoughts....

BUT the truck has come a long way!! keep it up!

·
Team White!
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!! Keep the opinions coming!

Greg-Now that would be awesome! I dont know how the frame would like a duramax in it or even if it would be possible to do, although if possible, i would be up for it...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Im not crazy about the flares, It would look cleaner without them. They dont look bad, but I wouldnt put them on my truck. Also, on the rear top bumper pad, paint that little pin on the side of it white instead of black.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
my opinion if your wanting to go all out... i'd wait on the billet wheels for now.. and save up for a custom SFA like was on mylevls tahoe.. that way you dont have to get rims once again when you did go SFA.. the lifted scene is big right now and the trucks that are getting all the attention are rediculously big.. after the SFA and wheels i would do paint and body and cover tons of tiny details.. while your gettin the truck painted have the interior painted up and get some seat covers and do somethin with the headliner.. as far as engine goes a dmax swap would probably be way too much work and money for it to be worth it.. just find a 5.3 or 6.0 and put a big cam in it and some type of FI.. just my opinion.. you definitely have to come up with a wild yet clean paint scheme to stand out.. and when i say pay attention to small details i'm even meaning the little tiny holes that are on the fender lips.. that stuff is very noticeable

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
my opinion if your wanting to go all out... i'd wait on the billet wheels for now.. and save up for a custom SFA like was on mylevls tahoe.. that way you dont have to get rims once again when you did go SFA.. the lifted scene is big right now and the trucks that are getting all the attention are rediculously big.. after the SFA and wheels i would do paint and body and cover tons of tiny details.. while your gettin the truck painted have the interior painted up and get some seat covers and do somethin with the headliner.. as far as engine goes a dmax swap would probably be way too much work and money for it to be worth it.. just find a 5.3 or 6.0 and put a big cam in it and some type of FI.. just my opinion.. you definitely have to come up with a wild yet clean paint scheme to stand out.. and when i say pay attention to small details i'm even meaning the little tiny holes that are on the fender lips.. that stuff is very noticeable
I dont think its in the details anymore so much....find the cover of truckin of the ekstensive dually on 24's....the lug nuts are all rusty and shit...:D

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
SFA with air bags....The wheels and tires you mentioned.....Like 20 tvs....Wild paint job....troll hair,tweed,leather,and sweude on the inside! Then you are gunna need to get the whole drivtrain chromed and powder coated some off the wall color! That should get you somewhere in the ballpark of TRUCKIN!

But if it was mine I would put the new wheels and tires on it and stick it in the biggest mud hole I could find and then you could atleast get in petersons worst stuck!!! but you would still have a truck your not scared to drive!

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
IMO

Rollpan, welded in.
I dont like the hard tonno(sp).
Resevoir shocks with both rear shocks facing rearward from the axles
14 bolt
Paint everything under the truck, like the frame axles everyhting a real nice fresh black.
Full springs in the rear
SAS would be nice
06 front clip would be tits imo

I was going to say make it a not longbed.
:rofl2: Im partial to short beds too, but long beds can look good.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
I dont think its in the details anymore so much....find the cover of truckin of the ekstensive dually on 24's....the lug nuts are all rusty and shit...:D
theres a primered fuckin 98 ecsh with the moldings ripped off the front bumper and some pinstriping in last months truckin. I think all you need is a shitty truck with a huge stereo to get in truckin anymore.

A while back there was an ecsb nbs gmc or chevy with a drop, rims and a system, and it made it in there.

Truckin is a joke to me anymore.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts