finaly got some bumps

so far heres what i got/ on order

Box - Subthump dual downfire with amp rack
amp - kicker zx1000.1
subs - 2 10'' Solo-Baric L5s' they're gettin shiped as we speek

100_0343.jpg

100_0342.jpg

100_0351.jpg

i orded the box and it was here in 2 days, the guys at subthump are on the ball. looks like its put together well too
i could of gotten a better deal on the subs and amp but i bought into the warranty + shipping and what not, it all adds up.
as far as components and amp, well im still undecided as what im gonna do. focal would be nice. we'll see what kinda money is left after everything eles is in.
The H/U....stock... i know, i know, im just not ready. i like the fact if anyone looks in the truck all they see is the shitty stock radio..and after components, amp, and install i wont want to trow anther grand at it. we'll see, a touch screen double din would look nice...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got one sub still waitin on the other,
100_0355.jpg

100_0356.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its new, orderd from a local shop
they only had one in stock so they had to ship the other from a different location

·
Registered
162 Posts
i just got my stuff in yesterday. kicker zx450.2 and 2 8'' L5s with a subthump box. it will be in my truck on monday.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well got them in...heres some pics. by no means a professional job, but it works for what it is.
i know there is some debate in caps but ive had luck before with them so i put one on. the amps alittle tight in the rack but it fit. the cap touches the bottom of the seat alittle bit. im thinking about moving it..power and ground wires are 4 gage. as for the sound....yeah they make bass.....alot of it...but i can deff. tell the head unit is holding me back...
100_0357.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0360.jpg

100_0358.jpg

so i been looking at head units now..thinking about a Alpine IVA-W200 or somthing of that nature.....i know i can get a harness for the steering controls and onstar.....but do i need somthing special to hook into the factory bose system??? do i have to run around the factory amp?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
box was 250 to my door if i remeber right....but i paid extra for solo barics...and for the silverado on the front of the box

www.subthump.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts