GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P1000652.jpg

they've been off the truck for over a month, but they were only on it for 2 weeks.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
those look very nice :)

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... me and dad worked hard on sanding them down good... they are ok...

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Looks really nice bro. Your truck is lookin clean!

I need to get on the ball. I've had an extra set of mirrors for like a year now. I started sanding on one for like 3 hours and was like fuck this and quit lol.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah... it's intense, but man is it worth it...

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and i can't believe you actually dropped yours... when i joined you were always saying how you were never gonna drop it...lol

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
looks good man

All the sanding actually inst nesseary...

my whoel truck was colormatched by primeing and painting...then wet sanding..then painting again and clearing. It gives the same effect as sanding..without all the work..and it last,

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
and i can't believe you actually dropped yours... when i joined you were always saying how you were never gonna drop it...lol
Haha I know. I said I wouldn't get 22's either.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
You did them yourself? List the process you went through, I plan on starting my plastics as soon as it warms up out here.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bowtiekid- me and dad just sanded and sanded and sanded... started with 80, then 120, then 200... wet sanded with 1000... primered, wet sanded 1000 again... wet sanded 1500, then 2000. painted, wet sanded more 2000 then had to paint again because there were some inperfections. I wet sanded down to primer with 400 grit to get rid of the imperfections, then 3 goats of gm silver birch and 4 coats of clear.

bout to go wash up the truck and get pics

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i used high build, but i wasn't happy with the texture still in it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts