GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
img040.jpg

still a bit to finish... the amp rack will have a switch controlled red LED backlight... there will be an another step up on the rack to hold the 2 amps for the components... but this is just the tease :D

so far sounds SICK... talked alot with my friend who works for Boston and he recommended downsizing the enclosure for the 10 to just .5 cubic feet. Its amazing what these subs will do with so little space. In my last truck I had 2 installed and they had about 1.5 cubic feet each... this sounds much better IMO.

I'm detailing the TB completely on Tuesday and I'll get more pics then.

Specs -

The sub is a Boston Acoustics G510 DVC reference level sub
The amp is a Boston Acoustics GT28 2 channel 1100w reference level amp

running them at 2 ohms... the sub is blade fuse configurable to 8 or 2 :read:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Its looking good. I cant wait to see what the finished product looks like.

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Nice Dude!! Clean and simple, I like it.
I've been impressed with all the boston stuff I've gotten to work with this year, still have yet to play with a g5 sub though

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
well, since everyone else is saying they like it, im gona play the bad guy.. i dont like it... dont you have a young son? youre going to miss the storage space. the install is clean and looks good, but you more or less cant use the cargo area anymore. if it were me, i would have tucked it in a corner or something or used a larger sub to justify taking up the whole truck. :shake:

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
how is the sound quality ? Never heard any of there subs...only there mids and highs which i was very impressed with.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
well, since everyone else is saying they like it, im gona play the bad guy.. i dont like it... dont you have a young son? youre going to miss the storage space. the install is clean and looks good, but you more or less cant use the cargo area anymore. if it were me, i would have tucked it in a corner or something or used a larger sub to justify taking up the whole truck. :shake:
you know, i was thinking along those lines.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That is a good idea and true. But you have to admit that aside its a nice setup?

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Very nice install!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
nice...how deep is the sub itself? im not sure if im diggin my 10in L7

1 - 20 of 29 Posts