GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to start off my father has been a service manager at a chevrolet dealership for 18 years, everybody wants to know if the tech2 will pickup the tune, the answer is NO.Today my father and I hooked up the tech2 and went for a drive.He checked every possible reading and not one reading was out of wack.This is proof yhat no dealer can tell whether you have a tune or not unless you tell them.This is something my dad wanted to know also just in case something happened to my truck before I sent my old pcm back, so now I`ll send it back .I hope this helps everybody who was holding out on getting a tune. Also according to the tech2 it showed 400 ft lbs of torque,I know it`s not a dyno but my dad said he has never seen the torque show that high, so he`s thinking at least a gain of 35 ft lbs of torque or more at the flywheel.Chevrolet claims 360 ft lbs of torque from factory. :head: :bowtie:

·
Registered
378 Posts
well if they are good with it they can see shift point differences. they can also see timing tables and watch them rise.they will watch it and they can see it if they know what all settings are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts