GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting some new wheels and tires...I have an 03 silverado with a rancho 5" lift. Any recommendations on wheels? What offset do I need? And has anyone tried the teflon coated wheels on a gravel road...I do a lot of travel on rock roads, just curious if you guys thought they would chip or not.
Thanks

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Thinking about getting some new wheels and tires...I have an 03 silverado with a rancho 5" lift. Any recommendations on wheels? What offset do I need? And has anyone tried the teflon coated wheels on a gravel road...I do a lot of travel on rock roads, just curious if you guys thought they would chip or not.
Thanks
The AR Teflon wheels are pretty durable. I travel gravel roads and haven't had a problem yet with any chipping of the wheel surface. That's not to say you can't chip them, but they are probably one of the most durable wheels out there. AR makes a repair pen that will repair the chip should one occur. Here are some pics of my AR "Vice" Teflons. They are a 17x8 with 5" of BS and a +15mm offset. You will have to check with Rancho to see what the maximum wheel BS you can use with your lift. I'm guessing 4.5" on a 16" wheel. Also, for every 1" increase in wheel diameter you can add 1/8" of BS. Offset determines how far your wheels protrude outward or inward from the wheel centerline in to or out of your wheel well. + Offset moves the wheel inward from the centerline, - Offset moves it outward.

Picture535.jpg

Picture543.jpg

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
id say get em.you could cook eggs on them:)

plus they're not supposed to chip.just scratch.my buddy has them on his taco

·
Registered
74 Posts
i've had a set of teflon chambers for about three years and they don't have any scratches on them. One trick i also learned is that tire shine makes them look just like brand new

·
For Offroad Use Only
285 Posts
Thanks
I'm currently having a set of Mickey Thomson Classic 2's modified for beadlocks and then Teflon coated. It'll still be a few weeks out though before they are finished, since the rings are still being made but they should be sick when they're done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts