GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone run for psi in their terra grapps. Im runnin p285/70/17s @35psi didnt know if I should bump it up

Also I was under the impression they should be around 32.74in tall
Mine are under 32in tall. Is that due to not having enough psi?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have trails that are e range I keep them anywhere from 50 to 60psi. Getting terra graps this week and plan on running them the same. Also I have around 45k on the trails

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
max air pressure of those tires is 35 so that should be a good psi to run them at.

nitto's website shows that the tire measures 32.72" tall by 11.46" wide mounted on a 17x8.5 wheel. your rim width and tire wear can make a slight difference as well as your vehicle sitting on the tire. these measurements are taken when there is no weight on the tire and when the tire is brand new.

air pressure is not going to make a difference in tire height. it can make a difference in overall height of the truck. but i suggest running the recommended air pressure for your vehicle and tire (35psi). never exceed the maximum air pressure on the side of the tire. check the sticker on the door for recommended air pressure unless running a different tire that came from the factory

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
I have E load TG's as well, 40lbs here.

·
Registered
568 Posts
im runnin 35. i bumped up to 45, being that the max is 50 i thought maybe i should be running more. but it rode worse, harder bumps and pulled side to side on the highway

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
I run 38-40 in mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts