GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back today from test driving one of the new GMC 1500 Crew Cabs. I was surprised at how nice it was. I don't know if I'd ready to lay my money down for one, but if you need the extra space I think it would be a good option. Plus, it isn't any longer than an Ext. Cab so I didn't feel like a monster driving down the street. More and more people are using their trucks for people haulers rather than loads which makes sense to cut the bed length down and give you more interior room. I didn't get a chance to stomp down on it (since the salesman came along), but it only comes with the 5.3 which I think is enough to keep it going. The price tag was a bit steep ($40k) but it was an SLT with all the goodies and a Z71 offroad package. I'm sure if you got the SLE in 2wd it woud be a little bit more reasonable. All in all, I was very happy with it, and think GM is heading in the right direction...now I want to see the new Denali Crew Cab with the 6.0 and w/o QudraSteer.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
HumanZoom said:
I didn't get a chance to stomp down on it (since the salesman came along),
Don't let the salesmen bother you. It's fun watching them reach for something to hold on to. :evillol:

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I think they're definately nice but the bed is too short IMO.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
El Padrote said:
I think they're definately nice but the bed is too short IMO.
yeah, that kept me from buying one. i'd rather deal with an ext cab and have a real bed instead of a quad cab with a useless bed. no 8' bed is understandable, but no 6.5' bed is just dumb. it's like they're marketing them to people who can't drive a big truck, like soccer moms and dads. i agree they're nice, but for 40k i'd be looking at a 3/4t with a real bed.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
hovisimo said:
yeah, that kept me from buying one. i'd rather deal with an ext cab and have a real bed instead of a quad cab with a useless bed. no 8' bed is understandable, but no 6.5' bed is just dumb. it's like they're marketing them to people who can't drive a big truck, like soccer moms and dads. i agree they're nice, but for 40k i'd be looking at a 3/4t with a real bed.
Well, the bed is 5.5'

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeh but a 4 door truck would be sick layin frame. Don care if the beds 20 ft or 2 ft. If i could afford it i'd be all over it. :bowtie:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bed does look a little odd, being shorter than normal, but you have to admit GM did its research on this one. People (esp. in this area, where they are more trucks than cars on the road) don't use trucks to haul loads in...so basically you have this big open area that 90% of the people don't ever use in the lifetime of the truck. Instead, make the cabin larger, since most people have turned their trucks into people haulers anyway, but still make it as big as an ext. cab so these "soccer moms" can drive them. I'm more of the regular cab guy myself, but I could see myself driving a Crew Cab (if it wasn't so DAMN expensive). Shit...for $40k I could almost be crusin' in a Denali :read:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts