GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
LMAO!.....a few of those guys got knocked the fuck out!!

whats with all the middle eastern dudes shootin it?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno I just found it on outdoorlife.com and all it says is
Think you're tough enough to shoulder a .577 T-Rex rifle and handle the kick? Well, so did all of the shooters in this video. Watch as each one gets slapped by this massive gun and, in some cases, knocked to the floor.

1,932 Posts
DAMN, seeing that video makes me SO wanna give it a try and see were i stand....get it WERE I STAND! ahahhahahah :rocking: but seriously i would love to see were i compare to those people and see if i coudlnt hold on to this beast

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
anyone remember that elephant gun from the movie Tremors? isnt that pretty much the same caliber?
Actually that was a shotgun. To be specific, an 8ga. Darne shotgun (the sliding breach gives it away) yet they took it and make it into a uber gun. It would be a close call on which one would be worse to be hit by recoil from, the .577, or the 8ga. slug.

Also just another bit of useless gun info. A round (bullet) can only transfer energy to it's target of the same (or near) force that the initial recoil creates. So if that round would stay inside of you... you would be blown backwards. :insane:

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
Actually that was a shotgun. To be specific, an 8ga. Darne shotgun (the sliding breach gives it away) yet they took it and make it into a uber gun. It would be a close call on which one would be worse to be hit by recoil from, the .577, or the 8ga. slug.

Also just another bit of useless gun info. A round (bullet) can only transfer energy to it's target of the same (or near) force that the initial recoil creates. So if that round would stay inside of you... you would be blown backwards. :insane:
you sure about that man? he had a huge black and silver rifle that he fired off and blew up one of the bigger tremors. that gun was nasty. then he swapped to a shotgun a little later cause he needed something a little more portable and usable. im pretty sure that rifle he fired off was a .577 man..

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
holy shit:guns:

i hate to see what that do to a deer down here
or hell even my front door of my house

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
i have one of those next to my bed for home defense

I don't even have to hit the intruders, when they see what it does to me on the stock end of the gun they run like hell

:roflmao:

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
you sure about that man? he had a huge black and silver rifle that he fired off and blew up one of the bigger tremors. that gun was nasty. then he swapped to a shotgun a little later cause he needed something a little more portable and usable. im pretty sure that rifle he fired off was a .577 man..
Maybe we are talking about different guns. Is this the one that he shoots prone, and it goes through the shrieker, through the wall, and through the engine block? Or the one in the basement he uses when the graboid comes through the wall in his basement?

I think you are talking about the (in)famous LAR Grizzly. That would infact be only a .50 BMG rifle. Totally not a big deal IMO. The recoil off of one of those is like #4 buckshot through an 18" barrel shotgun. It's a single shot bolt beast! I really want one... for target shooting of course. :secret:

My Hero!

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
Maybe we are talking about different guns. Is this the one that he shoots prone, and it goes through the shrieker, through the wall, and through the engine block? Or the one in the basement he uses when the graboid comes through the wall in his basement?

I think you are talking about the (in)famous LAR Grizzly. That would infact be only a .50 BMG rifle. Totally not a big deal IMO. The recoil off of one of those is like #4 buckshot through an 18" barrel shotgun. It's a single shot bolt beast! I really want one... for target shooting of course. :secret:

My Hero!
word thats exactly what i was talkin about dude. it looked pretty hardcore in the movie at least. this just goes to show you cant trust everything on wikipedia haha.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts