GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... for almost killing me and my 8 month old son today.

I drove my truck somewhere besides work (which is mostly driven on a highway) and realized that the Stabilitrak needs to be turned off because of the lift and bigger tires. When did I realize this you ask? When I was going around a 90* right hand curve at 22-24 mph and the front wheel locked up sending me in the oncoming lane with cars coming at me. Luckily no one had an accident.

They put too much BS on these trucks nowadays.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a button under the climate control that turns of stabilcrap and traction control. Press and hold and after 1 second the burnout control turns off, then after about 8 or 9 seconds the crapilitrak turns off. Have to do it on every key cycle.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Holy shit! I'm glad I don't have it.

Did you make a thread for pics of your truck lifted? Link please?

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
There's a button under the climate control that turns of stabilcrap and traction control. Press and hold and after 1 second the burnout control turns off, then after about 8 or 9 seconds the crapilitrak turns off. Have to do it on every key cycle.
yeah I knew that...I was wondering if a tuner like Justin can turn it off permanently with a tune. :think:

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
sounds like your lift and tires almost killed you.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Glad nothing bad happend bro.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Did you make a thread for pics of your truck lifted? Link please?
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159848&page=4

how gay....glad your didn't wreck especially with the little guy in the truck, they are putting so much bullshit on these trucks it's getting ridiculous....it's getting to the point where you won't even fucking be able to lift a truck..someone has to have found a way to shut that shit off in the computer

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe a BB tune will, but since I dropped too much on wheels/tires, the $520 they want is gonna have to wait.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
i read somewhere on here i think, you can cheat with a tune, but you reduce the tire size and gearing, it's still accurate it's just scaled down...anybody remember reading that? and you won't get no lights on the dash..

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Just looking through EFILive on a 2007 Denali, don't see anything about stabilitrak (looking at that vehicle because it's standard equipment on all of them, and happened to have a tune handy). There are parameters for adjusting traction control, but nothing for the stability control. Wild guess is that it takes a Tech2 to kill it. I'm far from an authority on EFILive though, I'm just learning how to use it. Searching the efilive board, apparently someone on TrailblazerSS.com rigged something up to send a kill signal at startup: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5191&highlight=stabilitrak

You're probably well over a foot wider, nine inches taller, have a 10% larger tire OD and have 50% more weight or better at each corner (just guessing). Nothing wrong with modifying a truck, but you really can't fault stabilitrak for not being able to figure that out.

My brother's neighbor's wife and her two children would probably be alive today if their Suburban had stability control (she got a wheel off pavement and made too many overcorrections until it entered a roll). From what I've heard, Stabilitrak is one of the best stab. control systems out there.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Glad ya'll are safe. I luckily haven't had any issues with mine....yet.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
If you holdit for about a minute or so it'll turn off all the time. I haven't had to turn it back off in like 5 months lol. I heard you can't take it in to a dealer and they turnitofffor you too. Cost like 80 bucks or something.

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
Maybe a BB tune will, but since I dropped too much on wheels/tires, the $520 they want is gonna have to wait.
They want $520 for a BB tune? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
103 Posts
i paid $300 for my scan cable tune:think:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts