GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM corp and my dealer has renewed my faith in GM products they replaced my 02 truck that I had problems with with a 04. all of you out there who have problems with your trucks just call and e-mail GM and tell them your problems, they need to know all of the issues so they can make changes.
it might take some time to get to the right person but they will do what it takes to keep your business. PS be nice to them, you will get it fixed faster.
Thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Josh, That very loud tapping that GM says is normal GM called it piston slap but mine did it all the time I thought I bought a Duramax
my 04 is awsome still learning what all the bells and whisles do?
it also has a cassette player ????????? why!

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
lol cassette player? in 2k4?? :crazy:

glad to hear you made out ok, just wait till Hovis:imo: sees this thread :pow:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Stocklook said:
Josh, That very loud tapping that GM says is normal GM called it piston slap but mine did it all the time I thought I bought a Duramax
my 04 is awsome still learning what all the bells and whisles do?
it also has a cassette player ????????? why!
Yeah, somthing wasn't right with that deal. It's good that they took care of you, and what better way than a new truck!

·
OG
6,939 Posts
My truck knocks all the time also they tell me it's just piston slap. Which i doubt. They did give me a 100k engine warranty. The knock isn't anything like a duramax but very noticable.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No 20's but they did offer them for an extra $$$$$K You can get centerline's alot cheeper and they are the same wheels.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just to let everyone know, I read a article a while back in Oregon's newspaper (Oregonian) about the piston "knocking" in the 99'-early 02' Gm vehicles. It said that the lining inside the motor where the pistons move was off like .001 inch through those years. The article said that GM tested the motors and it caused no problem in the motors with up to 250,000 miles. The problem if fixed with cars and trucks manufactured from May 2002-present with all gas motors.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Niche_98Chevy said:
Just to let everyone know, I read a article a while back in Oregon's newspaper (Oregonian) about the piston "knocking" in the 99'-early 02' Gm vehicles. It said that the lining inside the motor where the pistons move was off like .001 inch through those years. The article said that GM tested the motors and it caused no problem in the motors with up to 250,000 miles. The problem if fixed with cars and trucks manufactured from May 2002-present with all gas motors.
the pistons were given a teflon coating for 2003-2004 engines. this is a bandaid fix, as the coating eventually wears off. i've read of several documented cases of piston slap on 2003s, one of which is my attorney who has a 2003 escalade with a noisy 6.0. GM denies responsibility but is quietly buying back thousands of trucks. a class action settlement is in the making, and we'll all soon be getting letters in the mail and reading full page black and white ads in magazines about it. don't believe everything GM says.

stocklook, i am glad GM handled your problem. they've done some shitty things to people, but even after all i went though with my truck i'd probably still buy a dmax if i was in the market. all corporations are evil, you either win or lose with them. GM is not alone on this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts