GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
bad @ss RST
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what iv got done so far. I started on it friday night.

66truck2.jpg

66truck3.jpg

66truckonnewframe.jpg

66truck.jpg

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,658 Posts
wtf, why?

n/m saw your other thread, not sure if want :think:

·
bad @ss RST
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cuz it will make one hell of a driver.

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
I think it will be cool. If I remember correctly the 04 was a salvege, what was wrong with it? Any plans for it after the frame swap like suspension or some go fast goodies?

·
bad @ss RST
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 04 got punched in in the rear and messed the driver side of the bed up. but the frame is still straight. I think Im gonna get a DJM drope kit something like 4/6 or a 5/7 and I was thinking of 20s something like torque thrust with a good lip in the back... motor I'd like to cam it and put a procherger on it, (but thats a long ways down the road!!! long ways)

Im hoping to have it running in a month or two.:hmm:

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
i think i would have swapped the running gear in the 66 frame
The frame and suspension of the 04 are much better with technological improvement from the last 45 years, making it a much better idea to put the 6 body on the 04 frame, :imo

and it's easier to get oem parts for the 04.

·
RWHP.us
1 Posts
I need to start working on my 66 before long. Any updates? I am interested to see how it turns out. I want to do a LS swap into mine.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
The frame and suspension of the 04 are much better with technological improvement from the last 45 years, making it a much better idea to put the 6 body on the 04 frame, :imo

and it's easier to get oem parts for the 04.
oem parts for what a frame or you mean the suspension and brakes. idk but brakes cost double for a 04 than they do a 66 and so do most other parts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yea but they also last a lot longer and work a lot better. I got almost 100k out of my front brakes on my old '02. I could barely get 50k out of the drums in my stock '66 and could barely slow the thing down on the freeway from 65.

Can't wait to see this thing rolling!!! :worship:

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
oem parts for what a frame or you mean the suspension and brakes. idk but brakes cost double for a 04 than they do a 66 and so do most other parts
Yea but they also last a lot longer and work a lot better. I got almost 100k out of my front brakes on my old '02. I could barely get 50k out of the drums in my stock '66 and could barely slow the thing down on the freeway from 65.

Can't wait to see this thing rolling!!! :worship:
Exactly, New technology + old styling = WIN

1 - 20 of 31 Posts