GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see one started yet but I have noticed a couple more bagged NNBS' showing up. Post up some pics with a description of the components you used, wheel/tire size, etc.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sikness!!!!! By tall cups for the front do you mean the KP bolt in cups?? Also did you have to do anything for the upr arm or tie-rod?

·
Drag
79 Posts
no, when i built the truck the bolt in cups were not available. i just took a piece of tube and made some cups. nothing done to the tierod or UCA. at one point i was going to flip the tierod so it didnt toe in while riding low but i figure if i go through another set of tires i will HAVE to buy the Ekstensive kit...self motivation

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ekstensive front kit, kp components 6 link, gc valves, Avs digital gauges (that suck), Air Zentih comp. and 7 gallon tank, 2x4 built notch, tubed firewall, everything relocated for 285/40/24's pics in my album. I have build pics but don't have them on here can email them to anyone wh needs to see something specific.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Alright here is mine. Ekstensive front end, KP Components 6 Link, RE7, All Stainless Steel 1/2" Hardline, 3/8" Valves, EDC.
frontHDRcloser.jpg

P7280278.jpg

P4160022.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

P6070249.jpg

DSCF2110.jpg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ekstenvie front kit and rear 2 link kit, tubbed firewall and fenders. dual viair 480s with 9 gallon tank, 3/8s smc valves with smc check valves fittings etc.., viair black dual needle gauge, re7s all the way around. Layed out on 24s.
hey man there are alot of people who seem to not like the ekstensive rear kit.i see that you have it and that is wat im thinking of running.so tell us all how you like there kit and how its working for you.

·
under construction
297 Posts
hey man there are alot of people who seem to not like the ekstensive rear kit.i see that you have it and that is wat im thinking of running.so tell us all how you like there kit and how its working for you.
Its my friends truck that we did. The kit is simple to install, and works great for the ride hight the pinion is setup for. No vibrations and rides good. He uses the truck for work and tows a little single axle box trailer with his tools in it for work everyday that wieghs about 4500lbs with no problem. The front kit is awsome, lil to no camber and no bumpsteer

The only thing about the ekstensive notch is they grind down the welds to much, it cracked a lil on one side when we slid it over the frame so we had to fix that, and the filler plates they cut for the notch dont fill the gap up all the way so that was a pain in the ass too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just need help bagging my truck. lol I have never messed around with the systems.. just regular drops. Any step by step guide out there? I know kp makes the bolt on kit for the rear. But I'm not sure about the front. I guess I have to relocate everything under my hood. I feel like thats going to be a pain in the ass.. I guess the nbs and nnbs have the same rear end because i can't find a kit online that says "rear end kit 07+" it just goes up to 06'..

·
Registered
542 Posts
KP doesn't make a kit for 07+ we are just taking the kit for the 00-06 and modifing it to fit. It doesn't bolt on either you will have to take off your welded front hanger and weld or drill holes and bolt on the kp front bracket. The rest of the kit does fit as kp intended though. You are also going to have to weld in a notch no matter what you use. Can you weld? or have access to a shop that can and you trust?

·
big nick
1,108 Posts
make your own wishbone 3link. no need for panhard or watts link and it'll ride good and you can setup your own lift ratio.

·
Registered
58 Posts
should i go with ekstensive rear kit or kp?? i see the kp with cantilever is $1269 and ekstensive is $650. not sure what kit i need to go with..

·
Registered
133 Posts
should i go with ekstensive rear kit or kp?? i see the kp with cantilever is $1269 and ekstensive is $650. not sure what kit i need to go with..
man there is so much talk about that.the guys that have it love it the ones that dnt have all the reasons why not to have it.im in the middle with it i rly dnt no .i think it is ok and its freeken easy to do but i do think the kp is better but verry pricey.and then some say they wont buy another kp set up .me im still debating on wat i want .i no im going to run the eke front setup just not sure on back yet.but i did see something about the pinion angle and the kp will keep it better allined threw out the up down movement.so that has to be better off if your going to ride at different hights.

1 - 20 of 479 Posts