GMC Truck Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Truck is getting extensive rear notch and avs tubs ride now.

I know I need to go with a 2 piece drive shaft. Anyone ever seen or gone with a kit like this on eBay? It's from Performance Driveline.

Obviously it’s more expensive than finding a used one in the junk yard and making my own carrier bearing bracket... but everything is new and ready to install...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-13-Silverado-Sierra-2-piece-conversion-drive-shaft-kit-4l60e-lowered-5-10/272107245299?hash=item3f5adb0ef3:g:o7AAAOSwiONYPa02

http://www.alldrivelines.com/2piece

·
Registered
285 Posts
Never heard of that company but that doesn’t mean anything.

Performance Driveline, Bakersfield CA. Looked them up, nearly all 5 star reviews. Only issue I see is the warranty is only 3 months and the problem with a lot of these companies that sell on EBay is the reviews are normally done right after delivery and there’s no long- term reviews. It’s hard to say what parts they use as far as bearings and u-joints but you can always ask I suppose.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,814 Posts

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,814 Posts
Performance Driveline, Bakersfield CA. Looked them up, nearly all 5 star reviews. Only issue I see is the warranty is only 3 months and the problem with a lot of these companies that sell on EBay is the reviews are normally done right after delivery and there’s no long- term reviews. It’s hard to say what parts they use as far as bearings and u-joints but you can always ask I suppose.
the ebay link he posted is for the same driveshaft kit. it says the brand is performance driveline. the ebay link says free shipping for 649.99. order on their website and pay 599.99 plus 45 shipping. so you save $5 ordering through the website if there is no other handling fees.

·
Administrator
200 Posts
So it’s done... I’ll post up some pics later, but what does everyone do with their hitch? I need to keep my hitch but it sits way too low. I’d like my bumper to lay on the ground

I’m thinking of doing the roll pan hidden hitch, but using it with the OEM bumper... anyone have any ideas?

FC2282D1-C9C7-463B-BC83-E2D9272EFCF6.jpeg

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,814 Posts
So it’s done... I’ll post up some pics later, but what does everyone do with their hitch? I need to keep my hitch but it sits way too low. I’d like my bumper to lay on the ground

I’m thinking of doing the roll pan hidden hitch, but using it with the OEM bumper... anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 824581
So are you planning to bodydrop the truck now? otherwise the bumper isn't hitting the ground when you lay out.
On my daily i just left it alone but the hidden hitch works fine with a stock bumper the same as with a roll pan. I've installed them on 2 different trucks i've built.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So are you planning to bodydrop the truck now? otherwise the bumper isn't hitting the ground when you lay out.
On my daily i just left it alone but the hidden hitch works fine with a stock bumper the same as with a roll pan. I've installed them on 2 different trucks i've built.
Actually even then the bumper won’t be on the ground. The rockers are the lowest point. Here’s mine as proof. You’d have to door it to get the bumper on the ground.
BC9B5605-57DE-4C98-94A9-559083FC32DD.jpeg

·
Administrator
200 Posts
No, but even a couple inches closer like Rocketman posted would be better

Thanks. The buddy I have welding up everything said we can do the hidden hitch no problem so I guess it'll be done in a couple weeks

Actually even then the bumper won’t be on the ground.
I just want my bumper where yours is. I think we have it figured out

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just want my bumper where yours is. I think we have it figured out
If you want your bumper where his is, then that will require you to bodydrop it.

·
Administrator
200 Posts
So here it is. The rear is done. About 1” to 1.5” from laying frame because it hits the hitch. I still have plenty of space in the notch to go lower. I still have to redo the spray in bed liner.

I also have the extensive front kit on the way. Sending them my stock spindles tomorrow so everything should be ready to put on in the next few weeks

6E70DF7B-D2C1-40C6-95B3-CC042AE603F1.jpeg
AFA4F418-8CEC-4299-8FD1-4F47EDA2BFCF.jpeg
BA41510A-6E74-4241-B1C4-FCE4EBFDA439.jpeg
8E15E869-11D3-46E3-BA8C-69CC6F06DFF2.jpeg

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,814 Posts
The hitch doesn't keep you from laying. The front not being bagged is. Once you install the front the hitch wont be on the ground when you lay out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

461 - 479 of 479 Posts