GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Lance's truck hauls ass for sure... I dont know if I'd change everything he did to get .1 though.... he did an LS6 intake, taller tire, and a different converter (same as mine) just to pick up one tenth... I think he's reaching the limits of the stock 5.3/220 cam combo.... like I said, it hauls ass for sure.... but he dropped about $1500 to run .1 quicker.....

everyone keps razzing him about spray... he needs a 100 shot on it, that thing would be deadly...

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lance's truck hauls ass for sure... I dont know if I'd change everything he did to get .1 though.... he did an LS6 intake, taller tire, and a different converter (same as mine) just to pick up one tenth... I think he's reaching the limits of the stock 5.3/220 cam combo.... like I said, it hauls ass for sure.... but he dropped about $1500 to run .1 quicker.....

everyone keps razzing him about spray... he needs a 100 shot on it, that thing would be deadly...
true, but personally I think it still has more in it, sounds like he still has some tweaking to do also. I definitely think he needs a bigger cam though

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
the 226 cam from TR would probably get him a couple more tenths I'd say... he's got the stall and gears to run it... that little tweak in his tuning will probably be good for a few more hundredths I'd say... maybe one tenth....

every chance you get though... mess with him about the juice LOL... he needs it.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 226 cam from TR would probably get him a couple more tenths I'd say... he's got the stall and gears to run it... that little tweak in his tuning will probably be good for a few more hundredths I'd say... maybe one tenth....

every chance you get though... mess with him about the juice LOL... he needs it.
eh I dont want him to use it yet thats why I dont say shit :rofl2: I want to see how deep he can go into the 12s first, hes peaking thats for sure with that 220 cam. I think he needs to focus more on his mid range power. he is focused so much on spinning it up to 6500+ and peaking it out and getting every last ounce he can from up high but what about down low?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
he doesnt spend much of a 1/4 mile run in any kind of low range though.. so why concentrate on low/mid power?? I believe his shift extensions are about 5K RPM so I'd be worried about it running up to too.. I'm guessing he might end up in the .30's by the time its all said and done.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
eh I dont want him to use it yet thats why I dont say shit :rofl2: I want to see how deep he can go into the 12s first, hes peaking thats for sure with that 220 cam. I think he needs to focus more on his mid range power. he is focused so much on spinning it up to 6500+ and peaking it out and getting every last ounce he can from up high but what about down low?
What RPM you at when you hit 2nd? Its above 4k isnt it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
The 220 cam is going to give more low and midrange than a 226. Most people with 4l60's have to spin the crap out of the engine to combat the huge drop in rpm's going from first to second. With the weight and stall (3600 rpm I think), I think a 226 cam may be better suited for his application, especially with the ls6 intake he has.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he doesnt spend much of a 1/4 mile run in any kind of low range though.. so why concentrate on low/mid power?? I believe his shift extensions are about 5K RPM so I'd be worried about it running up to too.. I'm guessing he might end up in the .30's by the time its all said and done.
true, I worded that wrong. When I said low end I was really thinking like 60 ft and his short times, getting that pig up high as fast as he can

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What RPM you at when you hit 2nd? Its above 4k isnt it?
1-2 6000
2-3 5700

No need to spin it up higher then that right now, when I get more shit done I will go a little higher but not much, them cam is designed to peak out at 6000-6200 and I dont think it would make much power above that but I will dyno it when everything is said and done

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
1-2 6000
2-3 5700

No need to spin it up higher then that right now, when I get more shit done I will go a little higher but not much, them cam is designed to peak out at 6000-6200 and I dont think it would make much power above that but I will dyno it when everything is said and done
no no no, when your truck shifts into 2nd what RPM does it drop down to?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
has PI contacted you yet??? they should be shortly... I was off work today but one of us should call you tomorrow if you havent heard anything

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
the shift extension on that converter when I had it as a 3200 was about 5K also.. should be about the same as a 3400

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
has PI contacted you yet??? they should be shortly... I was off work today but one of us should call you tomorrow if you havent heard anything
nothing yet, they only have my email I think and I'm pretty sure you would get cc'd on that email.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I'll do some looking when I get in tomorrow morning... I'll find out the status for you bro

1 - 20 of 47 Posts