GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best muffler for me? I am looking for good gains and I want it to sound good and pretty loud. I'm still young so I don't care about drone, I can deal with it.
I'm gonna run Stainless Works long tube headers with 3 inch mains, 3 inch pipes with no cats through a X-Pipe then two of these mufflers then out the sides before the tires. I was thinking about these Magnaflow mufflers but I am open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
magnaflows have good performance. So do a bunch of other mufflers. It's all about what you want it to sound like.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
dynomax bullets. My exhaust setup is eventually gonna be Pacesetter longtubes into a magnaflowxpip and dual 12" dynomax bullets.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
bullets sound like poo with no cats IMO... hard to find any muffler that sounds decent w/out cats, too much rasp

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no drone at all you want corsa

but technically there is not BEST MUFFLER, also try a search
Drone is fine, I don't mind it. Rasp is another story.... I'm not looking for the best muffler, I'm looking for the best muffler for what I want.

It's all about what you want it to sound like.
I don't really know what I want it to sound like but I do want it to sound very commanding :rofl2: I want it to be pretty loud at the lower RPMs, like what the engin revs at when cruising around town. Although when I get on it, like when getting on the freeway or racing, I want it to really scream!!! :bowtie:

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Borla XR1 is the SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pricey yes but the tone is unmatched!

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Borla XR1 is the SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pricey yes but the tone is unmatched!
I don't mind about price as long as it is what I want.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
I don't mind about price as long as it is what I want.
Itll sound nasty with no cats!!!!!!!!!! I bought an XR1 a few weeks ago. Put it on my truck. Sounded freaking great but the drone finally got to me. I can only imagine how much different it would have sounded with no cats!!! Either way I ended up putting the Corsa back on and sold the muffler to my brother.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
The drone on mine is ok at highway speeds. I'm sure it'd be better if I had pipes out the back instead of dumped before the axle. Around town it sounds great, a little quiet though.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
we really need to get that muffler sticky up

·
Registered
381 Posts
New Dynomax X PIPE muffler. I have one and I love it! Great sound, great backpressure to keep the torque up and pretty cheap. Check them out.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
spintech...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If you run the longtubes with an x-pipe like you say your are going to run, and then into dynomax bullets or Xr-1's or whatever... it is gonna sound reallllyyy good! The longtubes and a nice x-pipe make a world a difference over stock exhaust manifolds that run into a y-pipe... the y's are usually what give them so much rasp... Also if you were me, i would run 2.5" or 2.75" I think that 3" is a bit much for a stock 5.3, most LS1 camaro/trans am guys dont run 3" till they get heads and cam and stuff like that. Good luck, and tell us what you do!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Why do people continue to harp on Flows? It's nothing more than a "Group Think". People just say it because they've heard so many others say it without info to back it up. I posted a link a while back where dyno testing had been done and there's only like a 5HP spread across ALL mufflers. Forget the old wives tales and pick the one that sounds best.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts