GMC Truck Forum banner

1661 - 1667 of 1667 Posts

·
Your welcome
1,582 Posts
There blue when the initially fire up then turn to sharp white. Still debating but ill probably buy the led fogs for sure. I'm happy with the quality so im sure the fogs are just as nice.
I'm debating if I want hid fogs or leds, going to try to fire up one the bulbs today to see what color it gives me and see if it'll be easier to match with leds or hids. Browsing 4500k pics just isn't doing justice

·
Registered
23 Posts
Based on everything written here (thank you everyone) I ordered the Morimoto Elite HID system for my 2015 GMC Sierra with the 5500 bulbs. With a couple YouTube videos cued up on my laptop and the schematic hanging down from my open hood I proceeded to tackle the install. I have learned my lesson too many times with projects like this and have ended up creating a bigger project when I rush through it, so this time, I went slow............and stopped to double check that my progress was on track.

2 hours on the first day and another hour on the next day and I was done, and my ballast placement and wiring runs were clean and solid. This is by far the best $150 I have ever spent on a motorcycle or a car/truck. Granted, the headlights on the 2015 Sierra SLE are borderline useless in the dark, and I mean "dangerous".

I can see!!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yo whats good everyone, im tryna resolve some issues. I was running an HID conversion kit, it rained heavily one day and at some point during this rain, my headlights went out. I figured it was the ballasts and how they probably get wet and shorted out. Received my new HID kit today, but after replacing everything, headlights are still out. Checked the fuses and turns out they were burnt out as well, when the ballast went out it must have short circuited the fuses. Anyways, i got the fuses replaced, hooked the HID kit up, and there is still no signs of life. High beams work just fine, but the lows arent lighting up. Any ideas what the issue might be?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Based on everything written here (thank you everyone) I ordered the Morimoto Elite HID system for my 2015 GMC Sierra with the 5500 bulbs. With a couple YouTube videos cued up on my laptop and the schematic hanging down from my open hood I proceeded to tackle the install. I have learned my lesson too many times with projects like this and have ended up creating a bigger project when I rush through it, so this time, I went slow............and stopped to double check that my progress was on track.

2 hours on the first day and another hour on the next day and I was done, and my ballast placement and wiring runs were clean and solid. This is by far the best $150 I have ever spent on a motorcycle or a car/truck. Granted, the headlights on the 2015 Sierra SLE are borderline useless in the dark, and I mean "dangerous".

I can see!!!!!!!
I have the same kit, best money spent to date.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yo whats good everyone, im tryna resolve some issues. I was running an HID conversion kit, it rained heavily one day and at some point during this rain, my headlights went out. I figured it was the ballasts and how they probably get wet and shorted out. Received my new HID kit today, but after replacing everything, headlights are still out. Checked the fuses and turns out they were burnt out as well, when the ballast went out it must have short circuited the fuses. Anyways, i got the fuses replaced, hooked the HID kit up, and there is still no signs of life. High beams work just fine, but the lows arent lighting up. Any ideas what the issue might be?
Did you try reversing the plugs at the bulbs? I replaced one of my ballasts once and forgot I had to reverse the wiring plugs at the bulbs when I originally installed them.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I can see!!!!!!!

I have a 2014 Denali that I am going to do this upgrade to this winter sometime. The factory lights look great but they aren't worth a damn on an unlit backroad.

Ive heard the harness is short in a spot or 2. Did everything work out fine for you?

1661 - 1667 of 1667 Posts