GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, lurked for a while, first post. I have searched but cant find actual results on this. What are your lift results from the different settings on the bilstein 5100 adj shocks? I know they claim .59,1.18, and 1.77 but looking for real results. Im looking at almost dead on 1" low in the front, I have used a jack and like the look of 1 1/4 ish lift in front but dont want more than that. Basically, do they lift the amount stated, run high, or run lower?

Specs are 11 gmc sierra ext cab, 5"rcx lift, 20x9 00 offset wheels, 305/55/20 terras

·
Registered
41 Posts
Since you have a similar setup I'll share my specs and results

My truck is a 2007 nnbs extended cab with RCX 5" lift and bilstein 5100's set on 1.77"

With a Toyo AT2 Xtreme 35/12.50/20 which Toyo states has an inflated diameter of 34.5"

My fender measurements are: Front - 45", Rear - 43 3/8"

Heres a picture of that setup

photo2_zpse49e7236.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nittos spec on your tires says they are 33.19" inflated diameter

So subtract my tire size, divide by 2, and subtract that from my fender heights and you would get your fender height with that setup

^I think thats right lol

My calculation says subtract 0.655 from both fender heights

So your front would be 44.345"

Rear would be 42.72"

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just installed my bilsteins at the first height setting (0.59) and ran the bottom spacer from my TGC 2.5 kit. Basically stayed the same height as the 2.5 kit. Sitting right at 39.5" with 285/55/20. Btw I'm not that impressed with the ride of the bilsteins. I really can't tell a difference from the oem shocks with 99000 mi. Unless they eventually "break in" I kind of think it was a waist. Granted I am running a strut spacer. I still would have thought I would notice a better ride. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just installed my bilsteins at the first height setting (0.59) and ran the bottom spacer from my TGC 2.5 kit. Basically stayed the same height as the 2.5 kit. Sitting right at 39.5" with 285/55/20. Btw I'm not that impressed with the ride of the bilsteins. I really can't tell a difference from the oem shocks with 99000 mi. Unless they eventually "break in" I kind of think it was a waist. Granted I am running a strut spacer. I still would have thought I would notice a better ride. Just my 2 cents.

are you saying you got no additional lift from the .59 setting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nittos spec on your tires says they are 33.19" inflated diameter

So subtract my tire size, divide by 2, and subtract that from my fender heights and you would get your fender height with that setup

^I think thats right lol

My calculation says subtract 0.655 from both fender heights

So your front would be 44.345"

Rear would be 42.72"
justin did you have your bilsteins installed with your lift? or do you have pre measurments also?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I removed the top spacer from the TGC kit when I installed the bilsteins. My fender measurements where pretty much the same as before the bilsteins and just with the 2.5 leveling kit. With that said, I think the advertised height is pretty close to what you get. I have heard of guys getting 2 inches from the top setting though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since you have a similar setup I'll share my specs and results

My truck is a 2007 nnbs extended cab with RCX 5" lift and bilstein 5100's set on 1.77"

With a Toyo AT2 Xtreme 35/12.50/20 which Toyo states has an inflated diameter of 34.5"

My fender measurements are: Front - 45", Rear - 43 3/8"

Heres a picture of that setup

photo2_zpse49e7236.jpg
Do you have any problems with your front end with the bilsteins set all the way up? 4wheelparts says i cant run bilsteins on my 11 excab z71 4x4 sierra because the z71 suspension angles are already maxed out. I already have a 2.5" leveling kit under the front also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have heard of guys getting 2 inches from the top setting though.

THIS is what Im worried about. I dont want to do the 1.17" and get an actual 1.5", if the .59 ends up and .75 or 1" then id do that. its driving me nuts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you have any problems with your front end with the bilsteins set all the way up? 4wheelparts says i cant run bilsteins on my 11 excab z71 4x4 sierra because the z71 suspension angles are already maxed out. I already have a 2.5" leveling kit under the front also
Here's the information I was able to gather through my research on the forums:

The RCX 5" lift drops the front diff and lower crossmembers the full 5" of the lift, therefore this puts the front geometry angles just like a bone stock truck (without a leveling kit).

The use of the adjustable bilsteins on a RCX 5" kit is like adding a 1.77" leveling kit to a stock truck angle wise

The Z71 suspension has nothing to do with the maxing out of your angles. The maxing out comes from the 2.5" leveling kit you're running (which is totally fine to run with nothing else)

Most people say not to go over a 2.5" leveling kit on a stock truck or with a RCX 5" lift. All that the RCX 7.5" kit is, is a larger front spacer and rear block. Therefore, its just like adding 2.5" to the RCX 5" kit strut assembly

Are you following me there?

And no I do not have any front end problems related to the bilsteins. The only problem I had was a bad ujoint in the front driveshaft that caused a vibration after the lift. New ujoints resolved this issue

I could also see a slight height variation with the Bilstein adjustable strut depending on how fatigued your front coil springs are

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's the information I was able to gather through my research on the forums:

The RCX 5" lift drops the front diff and lower crossmembers the full 5" of the lift, therefore this puts the front geometry angles just like a bone stock truck (without a leveling kit).

The use of the adjustable bilsteins on a RCX 5" kit is like adding a 1.77" leveling kit to a stock truck angle wise

The Z71 suspension has nothing to do with the maxing out of your angles. The maxing out comes from the 2.5" leveling kit you're running (which is totally fine to run with nothing else)

Most people say not to go over a 2.5" leveling kit on a stock truck or with a RCX 5" lift. All that the RCX 7.5" kit is, is a larger front spacer and rear block. Therefore, its just like adding 2.5" to the RCX 5" kit strut assembly

Are you following me there?

And no I do not have any front end problems related to the bilsteins. The only problem I had was a bad ujoint in the front driveshaft that caused a vibration after the lift. New ujoints resolved this issue

I could also see a slight height variation with the Bilstein adjustable strut depending on how fatigued your front coil springs are
Ok i just put a ranch hand legend series brush guard on my sierra a week ago which weighed down the truck more than i like so i want to put bilsteins on it to raise the front back up to how it sat before the ranch hand which was higher in the front than the back but not a ridiculous ammount. I cant find any info on others that have had a similar problem/solution.

The only other solution i can think of to fix this would be to remove my factory rear blocks but im afraid if i do that ill lose too much height in the rear for when im pulling things and putting a lot of weight in the bed

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
THIS is what Im worried about. I dont want to do the 1.17" and get an actual 1.5", if the .59 ends up and .75 or 1" then id do that. its driving me nuts
When I got my CST 4" 4WD lift installed on my '10 Silverado ECSB Z71 with the stock front bumper, I was sitting at 41.5" on all four fenders. After adding a pair of front Bilstein 5100's on the 1.18" setting and swapping my 3" blocks for 4" blocks, I'm now at a stance of 43" front / 42.5" rear and that's with a Fab Fours front bumper-only. So the Bilstein 5100's on the 1.18" setting netted me 1.5" inches of additional front lift.

Here's a link to my lift kit thread:

www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223426

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks man thats a big help. So to the eye does yours look cali at all? Sounds like mine will be almost the Same as yours if I get 1.5" out of em

1 - 17 of 17 Posts