GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually dont like to bash people but the way these folks do business, well I dont want this to happen to anyone else. First of all They bagged a friend of mines truck and lets just say it is really shitty craftmanship. It was a 2003 Super crew and when we went to pick it up after they had it for over a month and a half, The rear wheels set about three inches to far back, It turns out they also cut the notch too far back. When the truck laid out the wheels hit the back of the fender wells. Not to mention that the drive shaft will not stay in. It looks like they cut his inner fenders out with a torch and left it like that, They also installed one compressor that take about 20 minutes to fill up 1 five gallon tank. They also took a towel and wrapped it around his air filter, it looks really ghetto. You might ask well you get what you pay for but for 4500.00 you should get alot more than that. They also hooked me up with a few parts when I went down to buy my stuff before the f150 was done. Well it was not until after I payed that they told me that They did not have any of the stuff in stock (compressor,bags,tank,pressure switch,valves) They said it would all be there wednesday. Well two weeks later and we got the f150 back and they still did not have my parts in. Finally after three weeks they got my stuff in after hounding them everyday, It sucks having your truck down for that long. I already had the Ekstensive kit. I just needed the bags and stuff. I could have gone somewhere else but the Shady Rim Shop only takes cash and never had enough to give me my refund. I just dont want to see anyone else get screwed by these people.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sadly this isn't the first time i've heard bad things about those guys. :nono:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are located at 14501 NW Frwy Houston TX, 77040. They are in Houston off of 290 right past Gessner.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
is that the shop that is working on a red nbs chevy. i think i drove by there yesterday

·
Registered
639 Posts
whats the name of this place...I dont want to go to a sister shop and get fucked. Any shop that doesnt take Credit Cards, I wont do business with unless they are reconmended by a solid friend.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was waiting for someone to post about them. I work a block away and went by during lunch to check out their work and ask a few questions. They're really cocky and act like they know everything. I looked at a few of the jobs they were working and it definitely was not safe to roll out of the parking lot much less a freeway. Some real hack jobs. The black and silver bagged 300C's look cool though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That Black and Silver 300 is AJ's (the owner) of course his stuff would look good, He probably had ekstensive do it. I just think that when you do High end business like that with that much liability it is only a matter of time before a hack job goes wrong. I just hope they do not continue to do business this way. Oh Ya, If you bring in a magazine article from Sport truck with there ad in it they will not give you those prices, You will have to go home and order it off the internet. They also say that they will beat any advertise price, If you show them something cheaper they claim that you would have to pay shipping and that is why they could not match the price. Oh Well It will not be long before the IRS shuts them down. Too many cash deals and not paying tax is going to get them there very fast.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
02craZ said:
That Black and Silver 300 is AJ's (the owner) of course his stuff would look good, He probably had ekstensive do it. I just think that when you do High end business like that with that much liability it is only a matter of time before a hack job goes wrong. I just hope they do not continue to do business this way. Oh Ya, If you bring in a magazine article from Sport truck with there ad in it they will not give you those prices, You will have to go home and order it off the internet. They also say that they will beat any advertise price, If you show them something cheaper they claim that you would have to pay shipping and that is why they could not match the price. Oh Well It will not be long before the IRS shuts them down. Too many cash deals and not paying tax is going to get them there very fast.
I've heard law suits are in the works against them. It's all rumor :imo for now since i don't know anyone involved. I heard somewhere that there was a group of customers that got screw over by them that were getting together to file charges. Even if that is a BS rumor, i'd be suprised to see them in business this time next year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
yeah i got screwed by these people over a year ago. I ordered 20s and 22s with tires and i paid with a money order. They sent me the wrong bolt pattern wheels. I shipped them back...they never paid for the shipping...i recieved the new wheels 3 months later and i still to this day never recieved tires. Look at their BBB report. They will probably be put out of business soon. An attorney is putting together a class action suit for all of the people AJ Deece screwed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts