GMC Truck Forum banner

14541 - 14560 of 14599 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

This photo is with a McGaughys 16+ 4/6 kit. Its nose high. Been on for 3 months. Had enough and wanted some rake. Bought the 2/3 drop belltech springs. Had them put on yesterday. I didn't take a picture, but it is slammed. Mechanic called and told me to take it somewhere else for an alignment their machine wouldn't work. I can't use the 1" spacers because I already have one on for lean. The mcgauhys springs are going back on unfortunately. Anyone have any ideas or info that will help. Stock size tires will rub if you turn too much with the belltechs. I read up. Thought stock size tires would fit fine for 4/6 drops.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
I run 3" coil springs with a 2" spacer on one side, 1" on the other :shrug: 4/6 drop needs a 29" tall tire, stock is 31 or so...wont work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's good info, not sure how I missed that or mixed it up. I hadn't had any clearance issues up to this point. Nothing serious anyways. Some rub at full lock.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So I jacked up my truck to check the dif fluid an was looking at my drive shaft that occasionally rubs at a little higher speeds on big bumps and noticed it was rubbing on some sort of cross member that is like a tube with the end of the drive shaft.. just wondering if that is what ppl tend to trim down a bit to avoid the rubbing ?? I’m going to insert a photo to see if you guys can help.. F3C6D87F-9DEF-49BF-B3B9-4C1B79BAB739.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got another problem. Anyone with a rcsb report having too short of a drive shaft after a 4/6 drop. I know it's the opposite of what the common problem is.

I've been suspicious I would have a problem. My drop kit pushes the axle back. Been getting a vibration letting off, there's fluid sprayed from my tail shaft. My yoke is farther out than is recommended when measuring for a new one. Can't prove it's out too far until it starts causing problems. I've searched for any information with bupkis for results. On the indecision fence currently. May be time for an 80e swap. Wanted to wait for big mods, but buying a drive shaft to keep it going in the current state is a waist of money when I have other plans.

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,714 Posts
I've got another problem. Anyone with a rcsb report having too short of a drive shaft after a 4/6 drop. I know it's the opposite of what the common problem is.

I've been suspicious I would have a problem. My drop kit pushes the axle back. Been getting a vibration letting off, there's fluid sprayed from my tail shaft. My yoke is farther out than is recommended when measuring for a new one. Can't prove it's out too far until it starts causing problems. I've searched for any information with bupkis for results. On the indecision fence currently. May be time for an 80e swap. Wanted to wait for big mods, but buying a drive shaft to keep it going in the current state is a waist of money when I have other plans.
Nope my 4/6 driveshaft is the correct length. I did have an issue with a fluid leak through the yoke. It was the o-ring seal in the trans tailshaft.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is anyone here running a kp components raised only in trans crossmember ?? Looking for some info or feed back on it before I pull the trigger... I’m tired of scrapping my crossmember every where

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,671 Posts
Not 22's but my old truck with 2/4 with 275/55/20 I miss this truck and setup.

What was done to achieve that height in the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
n. fil-dert.
7,007 Posts

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,671 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
What was done to achieve that height in the rear?

Owner before me pulled center spring from pack and drop shackles, plus air in the helper bags. Shackles and hangers will do the same thing, and do it correctly.

Reactions: SierraScott

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Is anyone here running a kp components raised only in trans crossmember ?? Looking for some info or feed back on it before I pull the trigger... I’m tired of scrapping my crossmember every where
I was and ditched it for a tubular xmember. Dude on pt.net fb group makes them, Tyler Scruggs

Tucks up higher, cheaper, lighter, cleared my ORY better.

14541 - 14560 of 14599 Posts