GMC Truck Forum banner
14601 - 14620 of 14628 Posts

·
Resident Asshole
11,064 Posts
View attachment 873475 Damm all the stepsides I see lately make me wanna get me a stepside bed
I wouldn't do it, stepsides with the 03-07 front end look like dookie. Angular and square front with a curved and rounded rear looks out of place.

Nice clone 👍🏼 What wheels are those?? Drop also?
Wheels were a factory GM accessory wheel during the mid 2000s, gonna guess the drop is a 3/5.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's mine on a McGaughy's kit. It was 4/6 but sat higher than I wanted in the front so I cut half a coil out of it. It sits good now, would maybe lower an Inch in the back but as of now I barley make it in the garage with the angle. The back doesn't have any wheel gap but it doesn't tuck the tire, it's directly at the bottom of the wheel well. I was wondering if the cross brace after the Transmission brace is necessary. That's what I'm super close on. Its been done since last summer and I love it. My OBS will be next but I'm waiting till I finish college.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Here's mine on a McGaughy's kit. It was 4/6 but sat higher than I wanted in the front so I cut half a coil out of it. It sits good now, would maybe lower an Inch in the back but as of now I barley make it in the garage with the angle. The back doesn't have any wheel gap but it doesn't tuck the tire, it's directly at the bottom of the wheel well. I was wondering if the cross brace after the Transmission brace is necessary. That's what I'm super close on. Its been done since last summer and I love it. My OBS will be next but I'm waiting till I finish college.
View attachment 873801
Looks good.

But that should be the carrier bearing bracket. It’s not a brace, but a bracket to raise the center of the drive shaft.

Reactions: White97

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im new to the online forum discussion scene, have driving, dropping and lifting Gm trucks since the mid 90s.
Im currently working on my daily driver 2005 crewcab, I bought for 2000. Needed a motor so I took a junk 5.3 we had laying around the shop and went thru it. And anyone that modifies anything knows how that goes.....
So cam, head work at the machine shop, longtubes and 2012 intake/tb/injectors, etc.... the list goes on.
All that said I am now getting around to suspension. I bought the 3 inch belltech drop springs for the front and 4 inch drop leafs from summit and 1-2 inch drop shackles for the rear. Drop shocks and under bed step notch. I plan on doing a 3/5.
I have one question and really dont want a trial and error period on my DAILY. I drive the ever living shit out of my truck every day and I road trip it regularly.
Anyone have a starting point for pinion angle shims? It is a one piece driveshaft.
I was going to order 4s and 6s to have a couple options on hand so I dont have to go back and do it again

I want it to be right no binding or vibration so I when its done its right. Im about to start amassing parts for a single turbo and hate to blow a driveshaft thru the floor.

Pic of my truck and my sons tahoe.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
To all 5-7 drop guys what did you guys use to get rid of camber??? I had the 2* moog upper arms at with cam plates at 4-6 and couldn’t get it aligned into specs.. then bought some used DJM upper arms with offset bushings and lowered it 5-7 and the alignment shop says it’s maxed out... any suggestions??

·
Registered
4 Posts
To all 5-7 drop guys what did you guys use to get rid of camber??? I had the 2* moog upper arms at with cam plates at 4-6 and couldn’t get it aligned into specs.. then bought some used DJM upper arms with offset bushings and lowered it 5-7 and the alignment shop says it’s maxed out... any suggestions??

I used Moog CK80826 control arm and ball joint assembly.

The mounting holes for the camber bolts are offset 2° and my truck aligned right in the middle of spec.

14601 - 14620 of 14628 Posts