GMC Truck Forum banner
14621 - 14628 of 14628 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes I have used those Moog problem solvers with the offset holes at first when I was 4-6 and still couldn’t get it aligned... then switched to the djm with offset bushings also and went 5-7 and still cannot get it aligned

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
To all 5-7 drop guys what did you guys use to get rid of camber??? I had the 2* moog upper arms at with cam plates at 4-6 and couldn’t get it aligned into specs.. then bought some used DJM upper arms with offset bushings and lowered it 5-7 and the alignment shop says it’s maxed out... any suggestions?? View attachment 874762
Is that a real SS? Torsion bar truck? Super clean.

But regardless of arms, iv always had to run the bell tech cam lock plates. Then die grind out some more adjustment on the frame slider per there instructions.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,915 Posts
To all 5-7 drop guys what did you guys use to get rid of camber??? I had the 2* moog upper arms at with cam plates at 4-6 and couldn’t get it aligned into specs.. then bought some used DJM upper arms with offset bushings and lowered it 5-7 and the alignment shop says it’s maxed out... any suggestions?? View attachment 874762
Not sure if your AWD or 2WD but when my truck was almost 6/8 we swapped the UCAs between driver & pass side and flipped them upside-down then put in new balljoints and a belltech camber kit. Aligned just like stock but had them add 2* camber for clearance iirc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes it’s an 05 SS 2wd torsion bar truck... I got spindles, 3in keys and qa1 shocks... I have tried just about anything for camber with no luck.. right now it does have cam bolts and plates (don’t remember the brand) I got them about 3yrs ago along with the moog offset uppers when I first went 4-6.. it aligned good but still had noticeable camber even from just looking at the front tires... now I went 5-7 and had the djm upper sitting there for a while that I gave them a try I even bought djm’s offset bushings and still got camber... the guy from the alignment shop did tell me that he’s done several 5-7 and lower trucks that have some upper arms that are a bit more extended that will fix the camber but he didn’t know where ppl where getting them from

·
Registered
122 Posts
After doing more research I came across these instructions from belltech... I don’t remember doing any of this when I installed my cam plates... did any of y’all with these one had to do this steps for the extra adjustment?? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Is that a real SS? Torsion bar truck? Super clean.

But regardless of arms, iv always had to run the bell tech cam lock plates. Then die grind out some more adjustment on the frame slider per there instructions.
Bra

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the 285/35/22 on yesterday. I put 2 spring raisers in the front left & right. This pic is with no air in the bags. I've scrubbed the inner fender only a couple times in the front & the rear lips need to be rolled but doesn't rub with a few psi in the bags. I also recently put the cowl hood on also & have denali projector headlights & escalade handles I still need to install. Will get better pics soon this was just with my phone but the wheels look freakin sweet to me!

View attachment 774851
I love this truck. After going through 732 pages of posts one page at a time I've come to the conclusion that this is my favorite set up. I also like the Boss 330's, but you can't get those anymore, and the TBSS wheels but then I saw these. I'm thinking of doing the 20" versions of these wheels with265/45/20's on the front and 295/45/20's on the back. I don't think I can get away with a 285 up front because the passenger side seems farther outboard. Anybody else have this problem?

My first post. Happy to be here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my ride. 265/40/22's on Velocity VW865 B wheels. I don't know the exact drop but unfortunately the rearend is basically sitting on the bump stops. I have some McG c-notches and Slam Air helper bags to put on when my back will allow. The fender lip to the center of the front hubs is 17" and the back 16". I'm planning to go with 20" wheels and tires soon, I'm too old for 22's.

14621 - 14628 of 14628 Posts