Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
n. fil-dert.
6,836 Posts

·
Needs more low
1,512 Posts
Looks good.
I've got 285/45r22 and I can't get lower than 3/5 without eating up the fender liners.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My rear bottoms out from time to time/I’ve needed helpers forever for hauling stuff but honestly never have issues with the front with these. Only had issues with my 20’s when the factory struts were shot and my front was bouncing all over. New bell tech stuff has it doing great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got bags, but haven't had to use them yet.
I'd like to be a little lower, but these tires are new and I'm not just going to replace them now.
Guess I'm living that 3/5 life.

Your truck sits perfectly.

·
Needs more low
1,512 Posts
I've got bags, but haven't had to use them yet.
I'd like to be a little lower, but these tires are new and I'm not just going to replace them now.
Guess I'm living that 3/5 life.

Your truck sits perfectly.

Haha, heardddd that! I’d be living it too until new tire time again. I don’t bottom out constantly but do on bigger bumps/hauling stuff and adding another 150-200 pounds with the shell I def need bags now, just have to try and track down a cheap set. Appreciate the kind words about the truck though!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Anybody have pics of a truck with bolt on fender flares and wheel spacers?
No. Pretty sure it’s a banable offense to even ask that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings! I just completed a DJM 4/7 drop w/ CalMax rear shocks on my NNBS 08 Silverado 1500 (w/80K miles). The rims are factory 20's with 275/55R20 (31.9" dia.)

Both the front and rear only have less than 1/2" of vertical clearance. I'm at 16-3/4 from the hubs to the fenders on both front and back. From the top of the tire to the front fender well liner I'm at 1/2" and from the top of the axle to the bottom of the 1" urethane bump stop, I'm 1/2".

I'm thinking I'll add a 1" or 2" lift shackle to the rear with a low profile bump stop to get 2-1/2" of travel in the back. For the front I was wondering if I could use a set of lift spacers on the struts and put on a couple of new 255/50R20 (30" dia.) tires to get 2-1/2" of travel.

How much vertical travel in the front do I need to have a good ride and not tear up the wheel well liner on bumps?

·
Registered
3 Posts

We added 1" lift spacers in the front and a 2" lift using rear lift hangers. This netted me enough clearance in both the front and back for my 255/55R20 (31.9" dia.) tires and eliminated the front rubbing. On the passenger side, we installed the lift hanger on the 1" setting to compensate for my 3/4" of Chevy lean. The final result was a 3/5 drop.

As a side note... I tried using a set of 2" lift shackles on the back and could only get about a 1/2" lift. The problem was the stock shackle hanger didn't allow enough room to get the bolt into the 2" lift position and the 1" lift position was really only netted about 1/2" of lift. So I got a set of lift hangers, took out the grinding wheel and cut out the stock hangers then reinstalled the stock shackles on the reverse hanger. After a couple of gyrations, I'm really happy with the final result.

My advice: If you go with a full 4" drop up front, make sure you are using a 30" diameter tire. If you are going with a full 7" drop in the back, notch the frame. Otherwise, 3/5 is the sweet spot for a basically stock NNBS.

9941 - 9958 of 9959 Posts