GMC Truck Forum banner

1901 - 1919 of 1919 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if anyone has run that combo but a 31" tire in the front is going to be to big for a obs lowered truck that's a gigantic front runner

Its only a 30.8x10.8

I have stock 265/75 16 =31.8x10.4 and have lots of room.
2008 Suburban 2500...stock is 245

Girlfriend just needs some dancing shoes that fit the dress.

J

·
Registered
358 Posts
Its only a 30.8x10.8

I have stock 265/75 16 =31.8x10.4 and have lots of room.
2008 Suburban 2500...stock is 245

Girlfriend just needs some dancing shoes that fit the dress.

J
If it's stock height then they will fit fine with no rub as long as the wheel has the correct offset, but on a slammed truck is a no go , also if it's a 08 why are you posting in the obs thread?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it's stock height then they will fit fine with no rub as long as the wheel has the correct offset, but on a slammed truck is a no go , also if it's a 08 why are you posting in the obs thread?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Roger.
Why posting.....Because it has 95+ pages of examples of wheel/tire combos. I cant find sh%t with this many examples of the sizes im looking for. Wheel wells are "generally" the same in full size and all the wheel/tire combos im looking at I cant find the tire or the offset, just a nice wheel that doesnt over dress the vehicle etc. I could go 20s easies peezie but I need same diameter front to rear but wider and tucked,and retain factory diameter which my built engine/trans/gearing tune is set up for. 275/5020,305/4520 is .3 taller and rear 1.2 on each side from factory @ 31mm offset. The burb isnt slammed Im in alaska, we have snow plows i dont need to help. 1"/3" lower level is it....rambling

J

·
Registered
28 Posts
I see a lotta very nice trucks in this thread so I gotta ask, and if its too personal I apologize but I have to wonder what kind of limit $$$$ wise do you guys set for your trucks costs, if there is such a thing. I know there is no end if you are into "show type" trucks but rather for what I consider "driver type" like what I consider mine, I'll start by fessing up that when Im done Ill be hopefully at about $25K al in. I have some 3 or 4 more what I call biggie things to do and then done, well, except for that motor I want lol, that will put me in the stratosphere.
Bobby V

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
I didn’t set a budget on mine I just bought shit when I felt like it and never added it up because any way you look at it customizing vehicles is a bad investment. I get the vibe that’s the game plan for most people. It’s not like a house where adding a pool increases the value by “x” amount, it’s too subjective. I figure with purchase price, fuel, maintenance, and mods on the truck I just sold I was about $75-80k into a truck that was worth about 1/10th that at best when I sold it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I didn’t set a budget on mine I just bought shit when I felt like it and never added it up because any way you look at it customizing vehicles is a bad investment. I get the vibe that’s the game plan for most people. It’s not like a house where adding a pool increases the value by “x” amount, it’s too subjective. I figure with purchase price, fuel, maintenance, and mods on the truck I just sold I was about $75-80k into a truck that was worth about 1/10th that at best when I sold it.
It would be hard to argue with anything he just said.

·
Some dude on the internet
238 Posts
I see a lotta very nice trucks in this thread so I gotta ask, and if its too personal I apologize but I have to wonder what kind of limit $$$$ wise do you guys set for your trucks costs, if there is such a thing. I know there is no end if you are into "show type" trucks but rather for what I consider "driver type" like what I consider mine, I'll start by fessing up that when Im done Ill be hopefully at about $25K al in. I have some 3 or 4 more what I call biggie things to do and then done, well, except for that motor I want lol, that will put me in the stratosphere.
Bobby V
I think in general we all put up as much $$ as we can/want to at the time. That's going to be different for everyone and scaled to their taste in mods. I started keeping track of damn near every penny spent doing an engine swap, but quickly realized A: holy shit, I'm spending a ton, and B: it don't matter, get it done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great observations, cant argue with any of them ;) I just sold a late model C-6 Corvette that IMHO had some really tasty mods, murdered out to be truthful and clean as a pin, but after having it for about 4 years I don't want to say or think what I lost, but I had fun with it so what price do you put on that ?? It was a toy just like my truck is.
I know that cars are usually a losing proposition but in my case I'm hoping my 1990 SS 454 will retain somewhat of what I'm investing in it, even thou its not a un-modded truck, I don't care cause I don't like stock vehicles.
Anyways thanks for the replies, gotta go get those QA1 coil-overs installed lol
Bobby V

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone tried a front 275/50 20, rear 305/45 20 combo?

J
Without knowing your drop its hard to say if they would fit. My new wheels and tires are front 255/35/20 rears 285/35/20 if that helps, the fronts are a tad too big but acceptable, rears are fine after trimming the fender lips drop is about a 6- 9"
Bobby V

IMG_4067.JPG

·
GMC Owner
391 Posts
Looks sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Midnight
175 Posts

·
n. fil-dert.