GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Progressive build of my GMC

I wasnt sure where to put this since its not really an under construction thing, its more like when I feel like and my budget allows thing.
So here is what I am starting with.
picture.jpg

I have been contemplating a list of mods for the truck that I would eventually like to do over a period of time while I own it. I'm not made of money so this will be an ongoing thing as well. I Figured I would make a checklist and add pics as I do them just to see the evolve of my truck. Some ideas I'm not sure about so input from other members would be appreciated as well. Anyways, off to the list now. I will also provide pics of things as they are done as well.

• Remove Front license plate mount, fill holes with carriage bolts, colormatch front emblem,clear headlights and signals *DONE*
    DSC00093.gif
  • Remove body moulding and badges *DONE*
    DSC00083.gif
  • LED tailights w/ red lens or Nighshades for the OEM tails and 3rd brake light
  • colormatch rear bumper plastic *DONE*
    DSC00170.jpg
  • Esky handles *DONE*
    DSC00596.gif
  • colormatched towing mirrors*DONE*
    DSC00261.jpg
  • Remove Ventvisors - *DONE*
    DSC00067.gif
  • Windows retinted *DONE*
    DSC00595.gif
  • Roll & Lock tonneau
  • under bed rail LED lighting
  • Amp steps
  • Raammat whole interior
  • upgrade sounds system with Pioneer X920bt, 2 Hertz amps, Hertz mids and 2 -10" Pioneer shallow subs *PARTIALLY DONE*
    DSC00593.gif
  • upgrade to power seats?
  • Katzkins
  • 1.5" wheel spacers.
  • SS white gauges
  • Blackbear *DONE*
  • new exhaust - 14" Magnaflow si/so w/ 4x12 tip. *DONE*
    IMG00160.jpg
  • K&N *DONE*
    DSC00118.gif
  • Add compass/temp mirror *DONE*
    IMG00143.jpg
Truck as she sits right now.....
DSC00635.jpg

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
what about that bumper mod?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
No on carriage works grill and your intake choices. Get the precision ez solid billed grill and the gm performance parts intake.

DSC04218.jpg

DSC04215.jpg

·
Lifted 2wd
389 Posts
Place some carriage bolts in the front bumper where the mount was to clean up the holes. And unless you want to fill holes and repaint the bed, leave the bed caps. Other than that, plans look good

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No on carriage works grill and your intake choices. Get the precision ez solid billed grill and the gm performance parts intake.
I found a K&N locally for $100 so I was just gonna go with that for now :shrug:
How did you do the CF on the engine cover?

Place some carriage bolts in the front bumper where the mount was to clean up the holes. And unless you want to fill holes and repaint the bed, leave the bed caps. Other than that, plans look good
Was going to do that or put bolts back in and get chromed caps for them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Why do you want to go down to 33's?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I'm sorry,to be honest, I'm not sure what the mod is? I'm going to guess its the front bumper gap?
Yeah Cornell did it, looks great :imo

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you want to go down to 33's?
Towing. I plan on having a flats boat eventually. By that time the Kumhos will prob have some decent mileage and I figured I'd just replace them with that to help with towing. Its honestly just a thought at the moment and is prob one of the farthest things away that I will do.

Damn, that does look good :hmm:
I'll be researching that, thanks :handshake

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Talked with Cornell, he did not do a write up on this but said he may when he has some time. He said it was fairly simple and is alot easier with 2 people than by ones self. Once I get situated into my new place I think I will go at this mod which hopefully will be in the next couple weeks. I think it will def look great and will also give it a bit more appearence of height as well. I am also going to trim off that 1/2" lip on the bottom as well.

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Just FYI, Cornell's truck is a 3/4ton that had a spacer under the grill. Yours is a 1/2ton and doesn't have the spacer, so you should be able to tuck yours up by just adjusting the brackets. :imo

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
Id start off with clearing the headlights since thats free and really really easy...and i got my signals off ebay for 20 bucks...two simpliest mods imo

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just FYI, Cornell's truck is a 3/4ton that had a spacer under the grill. Yours is a 1/2ton and doesn't have the spacer, so you should be able to tuck yours up by just adjusting the brackets. :imo
Even better then. Thanks for the info :handshake

Id start off with clearing the headlights since thats free and really really easy...and i got my signals off ebay for 20 bucks...two simpliest mods imo
I have been thinking about that, but with the amount of rain we have been getting recently I havent had the courage to take them apart and put them back together incase I dont get them sealed back up properly. I may do this on a long weekend when I dont have to go anywhere or wait until the fall. We will see.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
yea for sure re seal them...i didnt mine right the first time and they have never had condensation the corners have though lol...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
when you do the bumper tuck make sure you take some pictures. i want to do that i think but the pictures out there for it are few and leave alot to be desired.

BTW- i love your trucks stance.

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I havent done much lately except for tonight. I peeled off the stick on chrome handles and just left the door handles all black for now. I think it looks a little bit better that way. Also took my antenna off and hacked it down a couple inches so I could fit it into the garage. Working on trying to do stuff but its just not been working out the way I had hoped lately.

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did some work finally and got my ventvisors removed this past week. I also worked on my logo and got it colormatched. Waiting on some other things to come in that I have got and that will mark off a few more things on the list :)

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got some more budget minded stuff done today and hopefully more by this weekend. Updated the pics on the first page with colormatched logo, badges removed and clear signals.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Truck looks great! Did you use chrome carriage bolts or just silver? I cant tell from hte picture.

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used just silver for now and took a dremel with a sanding wheel to them to get the lettering off. I will be getting chrome ones to replace them next though since I dont like how they turned out.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts